No prompts on route!

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
supfisherp
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

No prompts on route!

Post by supfisherp »

My Zumo suffered a brain fart and half reset itself, after deleting all old GPX routes I reset to factory defaults. Now whenever I am following a route I see the Pink line to follow, but I do not get any audio prompts to tell me to turn, the banner at the top of the screen used to tell me what the next turning was and how far away it is, now it displays text like "continue on A46" with no hint of distance etc.

Any ideas it is driving me crazy :cry:
Vespamarc
Been liked: 14 times
Belgium

Re: No prompts on route!

Post by Vespamarc »

Do you have other maps on your zumo, otherwise check out.
supfisherp
Great Britain

Post by supfisherp »

Vespamarc you are a genius :o I cannot thank you enough!

I did have an open streetmap installed on the satnav, once I deleted that it all started to work as it should do.

First let me apologize for the late reply, I was away on holiday struggling with a satnav that was very confused. The other issue I discovered whilst using it was that it did not recognize any of the way points it passed, I had to manually skip every one of them when I got there. Thankfully for this trip I was not the tour leader, just the backup.

Logically what it looks like happened is this: I installed a different map from OSM for the same country as the Garmin map (this was a test as I was planning on using OSM for other countries that my 390LM does not have installed). Everything behaved okay until I did a factory reset, at this point it looks like it enabled all the maps and that is when things got confused. I actually deleted the OSM file from the unit, not just un-selected it, though I am sure un-selecting would have been enough.

Thank you, this has saved me buying a new Garmin!
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

I had the same issue once, somehow, I think due to a software update, both my CN and OSM map were both selected. Took me a while to figure it out :D