Cannot save route

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
m185945
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Cannot save route

Post by m185945 »

I have a refurbished 595LM
I created six routes on BaseCamp. I used BaseCamp to transfer all 6 to my zumo. When I turned on my zumo I was prompted to import all 6 routes into TripPlanner. I chose YES. Four of the six succeeded. Two failed. Error message was "Cannot Save." Neither route is over 900 points (per BaseCamp properties tab). Per Garmin Express my device storage is 1.31 GB free. I have attached the route properties of one route in case that helps identify the problem. What can I do to troubleshoot the two routes that failed?
Attachments
zumo cannot save route.JPG
zumo cannot save route.JPG (24.25 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Cannot save route

Post by sussamb »

There is a limit on the number of routes that can be saved, but I don't know what that is on the 595, possibly 200? How many do you have loaded?
m185945
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by m185945 »

sussamb,
It never fails you are the first to reply. I am extremely grateful for your valued participation in this forum. You have always been incredibly helpful.

I am sorry, that I did not delete this post sooner, but I somehow solved the problem. By the way, to answer your question, because this is a new 595 I had no routes on it.

I discovered that the BaseCamp Device Transfer Option was still configured for my extinct 590 and that my new 595 was not configured to strip SPs. My new 595 was also not configured for "simplify tracks..." I made the applicable updates to Device Transfer then deleted all the routes from my zumo and transferred all six again from BC to zumo with the new Device Transfer settings and all 6 transferred successfully.

Thank you again for trying to help.

As an aside, isn't it 3 or 4 am in the UK? I hope you are getting enough rest.
Cheers,
Keith
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

m185945 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:23 pm As an aside, isn't it 3 or 4 am in the UK? I hope you are getting enough rest.
I hope not otherwise I'm in deep trouble for work tomorrow :lol:

Currently 10:40pm here in the UK :)
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Was up watching to see how Brexit was going in parliament :D

Glad you got it resolved!