Garmin Express Update failed

carolinarider09
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 35 times
United States of America

Garmin Express Update failed

Post by carolinarider09 »

Tried to download new version, download failed. Rebooted MacBook, still failed. Will keep trying. Same issue as last time it appears.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: Garmin Express Update failed

Post by sussamb »

You may have to uninstall then reinstall.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 194 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Have you considered:

open GE and click the settings gear. In General Settings, check the box about running in the background and in Schedule settings, click a box for automatic update time.

Just wondering if it will make a difference. It seems to have with my PC. Haven't had a GE update problem in a long, long time.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Tyke150
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Tyke150 »

un-install old version....then download and re-install new version....works ok and showing '' up to date '' in preferences
carolinarider09
United States of America

Update,

I went to the Garmin website and downloaded the new version direct. Now running 6.16.0.0. I did that on my MacBook and My iMac. The interesting thing is that the program, wanted to download version 6.16.0.1. Which has been the norm for several other versions if you down load from the program itself.

Just seems strange. I will not worry about it, but just wanted to update this thread to show that, even today, I could not download the new version using the Garmin Express program but had to down load from the Garmin website.
carolinarider09
United States of America

Since I saw there were updates for the PC version, I just checked for a new Mac version. It says my current version is up to date. I find it strange that it wanted to download a 0.1 version but the correct version was 0.0 when I downloaded it from Garmin direct.
danham
Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 82 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

carolinarider09 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:24 pm Update,

I went to the Garmin website and downloaded the new version direct. Now running 6.16.0.0. I did that on my MacBook and My iMac. The interesting thing is that the program, wanted to download version 6.16.0.1. Which has been the norm for several other versions if you down load from the program itself.

Just seems strange. I will not worry about it, but just wanted to update this thread to show that, even today, I could not download the new version using the Garmin Express program but had to down load from the Garmin website.
Happens all the time to me. In fact, happened today as I tried to update to 6.17. Had to download from Garmin's web site as 6.16 kept reporting "Download Failed, try again."

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE
carolinarider09
United States of America

Yep.... Just tired and the same issue down load failed. I will have to see what the Garmin Website does. I am now running Catalina.

Update, download from Garmin Website, now running 6.18.0.0

I wonder if Garmin has been informed?

Sent a feedback message to Garmin. Lets see if they react.