WAYPOINTS

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Frogman1
United States of America

WAYPOINTS

Post by Frogman1 »

How do waypoints work using a Zumo 595? Using Basecamp, you plot a waypoint Fort Rock State Park. When following a route on my 595 it does not say, "approaching Fort Rock State Park". Waypoint can not be used as reminders along your route?
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: WAYPOINTS

Post by sussamb »

If the waypoint is part of a route it will announce, otherwise it won't. Ensure though it does show as a waypoint in the route and not a shaping point. If you open the route in trip planner waypoints/viapoints show as flags, shaping points as circles. To change one to the other just tap the symbol.
Frogman1
United States of America

Post by Frogman1 »

Thank you for your feedback. The answer then is No! If your route is not run through the waypoint, it only shows as a flagged point on your map planner. I was trying to mark POI's along my route that would show on my Zumo in a macro view.
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Post by Iris »

^^**
I’m following this thread...
Yeah, that would be nice if the waypoint could show up on the Zumo so that if events throughout the day change my plans, I can quickly see a waypoint on the map as I travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Frogman1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:02 pm Thank you for your feedback. The answer then is No! If your route is not run through the waypoint, it only shows as a flagged point on your map planner. I was trying to mark POI's along my route that would show on my Zumo in a macro view.
Not sure what you mean by map planner but waypoints may show on the map, you asked if they would be announced and the answer to that is as I posted.
Breezly
Subscriber
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Post by Breezly »

You need to learn about Custom POIs. When you have Custom POIs close enough along a route they will announce if you have set them up with the announcement. Using creating and using custom POIs is more involved that I could communicate in this forum but there are plenty of resources on the internet to get you started.
Learn Garmin Basecamp with New England Riders Tutorial:
https://www.newenglandriders.org/learn-basecamp/
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

True, but they're more than POIs and are ok if you want a lot of the same type, e.g. speed cameras, but if you want hundreds of different types it's not so easy.
KSza1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by KSza1 »

If you save the waypoints that may be related to the area of your trip as favorites in your internal memory they will show up as hearts on your screen as you get near them. The ability to see them depends on your zoom level.
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Post by Iris »

I wish they would show up as the icon that I chose while creating my routes etc in BaseCamp.
BaseCamp has all these icons to choose from but they do not transfer to the unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk