Bluetooth Headphones

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Bluetooth Headphones

Post by Pockets »

Hi again, getting on quite well with my 550 but now I fancy using the Bluetooth facilitie but I’m a bit lost with what I need. I just need a simple headset so i can listen to satnav directions and maybe answer the phone, but the ones I’ve looked at on ebay appear to be interbike communication. Is there a simple headset that will fit in my helmet that allows me to do the basic things, I’ve managed to connect my iPhone to the 550 but obviously cannot use any of the services.
Once again your comments will be very much appreciated.
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Post by electro_handyman »

I use a Sena SMH10 in my helmets.(The version I have may not be current, but I can't imagine it hasn't been improved upon with a newer version)
I use it this way: Phone -> Zumo -> Sena. This way the Zumo has access to my phone contact list and I have caller ID for incoming calls on the Zumo so I can see who is calling before I answer. Otherwise I just connect my phone direct to the Sena when I don't have the Zumo mounted on the bike.(when commuting to work, etc...)
Pockets
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Re: Bluetooth Headphones

Post by Pockets »

Thanks for the reply, I’ve looked on several auction sites for ideas and have just ordered a set from AliExpress, the problem is I have four crash helmets so I don’t want the headset that is secured to the helmet, so I’ve gone for the type that fits into and around the ear so I can wear them regardless of which helmet I choose.
Anyway they are on there way from China so I’m not expecting them until mid June.
I’ll let you know what there like when they arrive.