Not Finding Wi-Fi Network

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
DreamCore
Sweden

Not Finding Wi-Fi Network

Post by DreamCore »

Just got my Garmin Zumo XT2 and it does not find my wi-fi network. It does find basically every network in my building except mine.

I'm 100% sure there is nothing wrong with my network since I have both my PC, Phone (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra), Samsung S95C TV, Soundbar, Nintendo Switch and Playstation 5 connected to it without any issues. It's only the Zumo which doesn't find it.

Also tried manually adding my network SSID and WPA-PSK key which also doesn't work.

I have an Asus RT-AC86U router with both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz bands active as well as WPA2-Personal with WPA pre-shared key. Tried lots of settings, rebooting it etc but the Zumo still doesn't find it.

Making my phone a mobile hotspot (bluetooth) and connecting to that works. I did this to update the Zumo software, but it still doesn't find my wi-fi.

Anyone who've had similar issues?
Sean OZ
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times
Australia

Re: Not Finding Wi-Fi Network

Post by Sean OZ »

Definitely seems to be some incompatibility issue between your modem at home and the XT2. As you say it can see a ton of other modems near you, and you can connect to your mobile phone via hotspot. If there was something wrong with the XT2 you wouldn't be able to connect to your mobile phone hotspot, (Unless you're just using Bluetooth to make the connection?)

I would try seeing if it will connect to someone else's modem. This will let you know if it's a modem issue, or something to do with the XT2. You could also try doing a complete reset of the XT2 back to factory defaults. I'd also want to make sure, that the XT2 is not connected to any "glitchy" Tread App. I'd actually completely uninstall the tread app from any nearby phone.
technoguppy
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 25 times
Canada

Re: Not Finding Wi-Fi Network

Post by technoguppy »

Try turning off the 5GHz wi-fi radio. Sometimes one radio can saturate another. Give that a go. If it works great, if not, turn off the 2.4GHz and try it again.

You could try making a GUEST SSID in your router without a password as a temporary measure, same thing. Try 2.4GHz first, then 5GHz to see if it's protocol, frequency, channel, or security.

Good luck.
Technoguppy

Oakville, ON, Canada
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Garmin zumo XT2
Sena SRL-EXT
Samsung S24