Garmin Listened!!!!

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Sean OZ
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times
Australia

Re: Garmin Listened!!!!

Post by Sean OZ »

Just curious Technoguppy as I might be missing something here. You say "I can assure you I didn't make up the screen shots. They are real"
I must be blind or something as I can't see any option to not synch the data to the tread app from locking at your screen shots.
technoguppy
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Canada

Post by technoguppy »

To see this setting, the Tread App and the XT2 must be connected to each other. This might be your situation. When your phone and unit are paired, go to Settings --> Devices --> Zumo XT2 --> Finish Setup. You should see the screen shot as shown below.

Where you see "Finish Setup" at the top of the app screen, you then see under Recommended another setting "Garmin Explore" which offers to "Keep your places synced, and enable features such as Group Ride". I have NOT enabled that feature. I believe this is the "feature" that Garmin uses to sync data between the Tread App and the XT2, which then ultimately mucky mucks with your pre-planned (BaseCamp) routes. You can see that it is under the category Recommended and not Completed.
Screenshot_20240324_103239_Tread.jpg
Screenshot_20240324_103239_Tread.jpg (151.06 KiB) Viewed 313 times
Hope this helps.

NOTE: I suspect that once you enable Garmin Explore, there is no UNDOING it. You would have to uninstall the app from your phone (reboot it), factory reset your XT2 completely and rerun. I truly believe (but have not tested the theory) that once you enable it you're stuck with it. Tread lightly (pun intended).
Technoguppy

Oakville, ON, Canada
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Garmin zumo XT2
Sena SRL-EXT
Samsung S24
Sean OZ
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

Thanks for the reply to my question Tecnoguppy.
Eltjo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Netherlands

Post by Eltjo »

It also looks that tread app doesn't fuck with the routes from Basecamp and Kurviger anymore :-)
I enabled sync again, and test loaded 1 BC route and 2 Kurviger routes, the routes stay the same even after sync with tread-app, no replacements of via or waypoints what I can see, in simulation-mode. Hopefully the weather is good tomorrow and I can try out on the bike. :P
technoguppy
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Canada

Post by technoguppy »

Eltjo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:46 am It also looks that tread app doesn't fuck with the routes from Basecamp and Kurviger anymore :-)
I enabled sync again, and test loaded 1 BC route and 2 Kurviger routes, the routes stay the same even after sync with tread-app, no replacements of via or waypoints what I can see, in simulation-mode. Hopefully the weather is good tomorrow and I can try out on the bike. :P
@Eltjo Any update? Did you try out your unit and can you confirm that the Tread app didn't overwrite or rewrite your planned routes?

Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks in advance!
Technoguppy

Oakville, ON, Canada
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Garmin zumo XT2
Sena SRL-EXT
Samsung S24
proofresistant
Has liked: 2 times
Germany

Post by proofresistant »

technoguppy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:57 am
Eltjo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:46 am It also looks that tread app doesn't fuck with the routes from Basecamp and Kurviger anymore :-)
@Eltjo Any update? Did you try out your unit and can you confirm that the Tread app didn't overwrite or rewrite your planned routes?

Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks in advance!
It sounds good that the XT2 Tread synchronization should no longer change (destroy) the XT2 routes.

Please share your upcoming experiences here.
I will also try to activate Tread again next time and then tell you about my experiences.
Sean OZ
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

Yes, I'd also be interested to also hear if the Tread App finally works as it should, when meshed with the XT2.
Eltjo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Netherlands

Post by Eltjo »

Till now, no messed up routes, waypoints or via points, but, I can't directly sent routes anymore through usb cable from basecamp to XT2. tracks and waypoints come through, only the routes no more. So I now sent the the whole package via email, open it with thread and let it synchronise with the XT2, that works
proofresistant
Has liked: 2 times
Germany

Post by proofresistant »

It's really frustrating.
The interaction between also the newer Tread app 2.08.29 and newer XT2 Firmware 4.60 destroys routes :-( :( :(
Not always, most of it stays ok, but most of it is not enough, I just want to trust an app.

I can't understand why it's so hard for the app to just leave points as they are.
Synchronizing seems to work better, but I'm still really pissed off.

I spend hours and hours putting details into a route and this f... app just keeps destroying the tour.

PS
If you don't believe it, attached is one of my experiences
Attachments
Rat AltS 2024 Tyre 2 BC(CN) Org.gpx
Rat AltS 2024 Tyre 2 BC(CN) Org.gpx (Planned in Basecamp)
(237.22 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Rat AltS 2024 Tyre 2 BC(CN) 2 TreadAppZumoXt2.gpx
Rat AltS 2024 Tyre 2 BC(CN) 2 TreadAppZumoXt2.gpx (Modifyed by Tread)
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Sean OZ
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

I think that a better name for the Tread App would be the Terd App!