Route created in Tread cannot be calculated by the XT2

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Gelo
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Spain

Route created in Tread cannot be calculated by the XT2

Post by Gelo »

Hi everyone,
I created a route in the Tread app and when I open it on the Garmin XT2 it cannot calculate it and it does not appear.
Has anyone with this problem solved it?
I am increasingly disappointed with this Garmin XT2
Thx,
man_mark_7
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Route created in Tread cannot be calculated by the XT2

Post by man_mark_7 »

Similar issue, but not exactly:
I can import and view a GPX track in the Tread app, but cannot view that same track on the XT2. I get a "Touch the Track for More Detail" message but no matter how far I zoom in or out all I see is one perfectly vertical gray line in the middle of the screen w/ blue "water" on both sides of it. Other tracks display fine.
mark
rotiv76

Post by rotiv76 »

Good morning, the same thing happened to me, I planned for 7 days in the thread application with molding points to go where I really want and now the GPS can't read it, very frustrating.
Sean OZ
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

Garmin has really dropped the ball with the release of the XT2. It's supposed to be used for navigating, but the dam thing can't even read most maps. It's like relying on a ship's navigator Hès good at his job sometimes. But other times he's so pissed that he wouldn't know his ass from his elbow, or a mermaid from a seal!

Most of the online tutorials and instructions don't keep up when a new software version is released. IE: The official owner's manual for the XT2 state that Base Camp can be used to export data to the XT2 device, and yet, the basecamp site says it no longer supports the XT2! I can still get Basecamp to export GPX files to the Zumo correctly "sometimes" Other times it just spits the dummy, does a circle dance and a few U-Turns, before finally crashing out and turning off all the lights whilst it has a short nap because it's got an electronic headache, from trying to do what it's supposed to do!

Mabey, I got it all wrong, and the XT2 is actually meant to be used as a kick stand support on soft ground? That might work! :D