XT2 marking a waypoint while underway

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
bczodiac
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Canada

XT2 marking a waypoint while underway

Post by bczodiac »

I've been using a Montana 600 and 610 for 12 years before getting an XT2 last week. One feature I've used quite often is marking a waypoint while underway to mark a restaurant, gas station in the middle of nowhere, or a POI. It was a easy as exiting the map screen to the home page and hitting the mark waypoint icon. I can't find this feature on the XT2. Does it exist? Thanks for your help.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: XT2 marking a waypoint while underway

Post by jfheath »

Not an answer for the XT2, but it may help anyway....

On the XT, there are two ways of doing this.

1. Tap the icon for your vehicle. A screen comes up with the lat/long coordinates and a nearest juntion and nearest location. There is a save button which adds the location to Favourites / Saved.

2. If you tap the navigation screen anywhere other than the icon for the vehicle, the map changes - and removes all of the clutter like the speed button and the top and bottom banner - along with any data that you display at the right hand side (described when in landscape view). It replaces it with other clutter like a map orientation arrow, a shape route button +/- zoom buttons and some loaction infor at the bottom.

On that map , it may (or may not) show a blue flag. If it doesn't show a blue flag then tap the location on the screen again and it puts a blue flag on the screen. You can then tap the white square with a flag in it next to Go! button and save the location as a waypoint / favourite.

I haven't got a clue as to how much of this has been carried over to the XT2. Please post a reply if either of these work on the XT2 - or even if it doesn't work. Then we shall know !!

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
bczodiac
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Canada

Re: XT2 marking a waypoint while underway

Post by bczodiac »

I tried the first method today and it works on the XT2. Thank you for your help!