Zumo xt no speed limit info

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Molsal
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Zumo xt no speed limit info

Post by Molsal »

Hi all, please could you please help me with this issue.
I've had the zumo a couple of years and it's worked pretty well.
Recently I've had no speed limit info, likewise I'm not warned of an impending reduction in speed limit. I've tried resetting and starting over to no avail. My settings are correct and garmin drive connects but the logo in the status bar no longer goes blue when receiving traffic info. I'm not worried about traffic info, but current speed limit is essential for me.
I'm using Europe maps stored on the device.

Many thanks John.
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo xt no speed limit info

Post by lkraus »

Check Settings>Map&Vehicle>myMaps and verify that only one routable map for the area is active.

I don't rely on the warnings very much because the maps do not have speed limit data for some roads.
Great Britain

Post by Molsal »

Thanks, yes only one routable map is active. That was the status when I checked.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Needn't be routeable, if you have any other map selected covering the same area you'll get what you're seeing
Molsal
Great Britain

Post by Molsal »

Ok, I've checked and I have just Western Europe selected, but still no speed info?
Thank you for your prompt response.
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Did you carry out any mapping updates before the lack of speed limit information? I noticed on one CN EU update the speed limit info for roads which it previously had was no longer shown, and, some speed limits were wrong.

I use the pocketworldgps speed camera database as this also helps get some more idea of what the speed limit is.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Molsal wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:39 am Ok, I've checked and I have just Western Europe selected, but still no speed info?
Thank you for your prompt response.
Then you probably need to do a master reset
Molsal
Great Britain

Post by Molsal »

Oop North John wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:15 pm Did you carry out any mapping updates before the lack of speed limit information? I noticed on one CN EU update the speed limit info for roads which it previously had was no longer shown, and, some speed limits were wrong.

I use the pocketworldgps speed camera database as this also helps get some more idea of what the speed limit is.
Hi John, this option sounds like a winner to me. Is there any info as to getting this on to a zumo xt? I could do with an idiots guide if possible.

Many thanks for your input John .
Rofor
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

@Molsal

Hmmm - why have you changed the region of the City Navigator NTU maps?
Normally, all of Europe is installed automatically and the Zumo XT has plenty of memory for it, so no need of cutting down the maps - maybe there was an error while doing this and this is the reason why the speed limits are not shown...

There can be some minor, little streets, where no speed limit is saved in the maps - but normally IMHO about 95% of all streets should have a speed limit saved in the map - even when they are often not up-to-date. So there is definitively something wrong on your map installation!

I would first change the installation of the maps with Garmin Express to the whole City Navigator Europe and would let them install completely new.

A 'standard' map installation on a european Zumo XT will look like as follows:
6353.png
6353.png (73.22 KiB) Viewed 516 times
7025.png
7025.png (97.61 KiB) Viewed 516 times
8782.png
8782.png (102.33 KiB) Viewed 516 times
It makes no difference, if the three TopoActive maps are selected or not - if you don't drive offroad, you can disable them - also the last entry (Streckensperrungen_Motorrad) is installed by me and marks some road-blocks for motorcycles here in central europe. The other entrys (Europe DEM, CN Europe NTU All North & All South) should be selected. CN Europe NTU Parkopedia and Foursquare are just POIs and can or cannot be select - just as you like.

As i said before - if you not get speed limits on bigger (main) streets, there is definitively something wrong! This could be the maps or your Zumo XT. You should install the whole maps again with Garmin Express and test it than. If that doesn't work, make a complete reset of the Zumo XT and check again!
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
Molsal
Great Britain

Post by Molsal »

Thank you for your excellent exanation, I'll give what you suggest a go.