Garmin Express v7.20.3.0 has been released

Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Garmin Express v7.20.3.0 has been released

Post by Peobody »

Garmin Express v7.20.3.0 has been released.

Release notes:
  • Resolved computer install failures for universal maps.
  • Resolved an issue with third party maps failing to download.
My comment:
This is the fourth 7.20.x release in 15 days. The last three only contain fixes. Thanks Garmin for quickly releasing patched versions but I would be embarrassed to admit to being a Garmin developer.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Garmin Express v7.20.3.0 has been released

Post by sussamb »

Problem is that Express works for all it's On the road and On the trail devices, its original task replacing MapUpdater, and then went on to work with all of its watches, marine, cycling, fitness devices etc.

Testing every possible combination, together with all the numerous PCs and Macs, and the multitude of their operating systems, is simply impossible but the team tend to react promptly when issues occur, and many of the updates will have nothing to do with Zumo users.

I always felt Garmin should have stuck with MapUpdater, and then created other programs to interact with the watches etc, but that's not the route they chose.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

sussamb wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:54 pm I always felt Garmin should have stuck with MapUpdater, and then created other programs to interact with the watches etc, but that's not the route they chose.
I agree with that. I seems an impossible task to test each version of Express with every device potentially in use. An Express version for each device category would make more sense.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

The trouble with that is the time to develop it for each version.

It's all about profits these days so the less they can do in one go the better for the profits

We are also the beta testers these days! They release it we use it and find and report the bugs and they fix it and create another issue! It's the circle of life for software :lol: