how to stop rain affecting XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Re: how to stop rain affecting XT

Post by colirv »

I've just purchased one of these. It's a neat bit of kit, and should help. My plan for utter downpours is to fix a plastic bag over the XT, with shade attached, and rely on bluetooth instructions to my earpiece!
Colin
BMW R1250RS
andree
Netherlands

Post by andree »

Not sure if it works for the XT but the XT2 has a screen lock so in the rain it should not effect the display if locked.

from Garmin:
Locking and Unlocking the Touchscreen

You can lock the touchscreen to prevent unwanted interaction during your ride. This can be useful during rain and other environmental situations that may affect the touchscreen.
  • To lock the touchscreen, hold the power button until a prompt appears on the screen, and select Lock Screen.
  • The prompt appears after five seconds. If you release the power button before the prompt appears, the device enters power saving mode.
    To unlock the touchscreen, press the power button.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... EED2B.html
Twin4Me
Great Britain

Post by Twin4Me »

My replacement unit does not have a screen protector and seems less affected than the first one.

There doesn’t appear to be a screen lock on the XT (I wonder if this is why they added one to the new units)
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I just checked, there is definitely NOT an XT lock screen by following those directions.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
MotoToph
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Post by MotoToph »

andree wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:37 am Not sure if it works for the XT but the XT2 has a screen lock so in the rain it should not effect the display if locked.

from Garmin:
Locking and Unlocking the Touchscreen

You can lock the touchscreen to prevent unwanted interaction during your ride. This can be useful during rain and other environmental situations that may affect the touchscreen.
  • To lock the touchscreen, hold the power button until a prompt appears on the screen, and select Lock Screen.
  • The prompt appears after five seconds. If you release the power button before the prompt appears, the device enters power saving mode.
    To unlock the touchscreen, press the power button.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp ... EED2B.html
"We know there is a problem with the XT so you should buy the XT2 for the fix" 😂😐
ZUMO XT
K1600GT