Motorola Phone and XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Toad
Great Britain

Motorola Phone and XT

Post by Toad »

Hello,
I have recently got a Freedconn SC headset to try with Motorola edge 40 NEO phone and XT for calls etc.

I connected phone to XT and XT to head set. The GPS voice and music from the XT works and Garmin drive worked to give traffic weather etc.

When I tried phone calls there is no sound on the headset and the other audio disappears.

I though it might be the headset as it is a budget choice.

However when I tried my old Samsung phone everything was fine.

I have contacted Garmin support but I suspect I should not hold my breath.

Wondering if anyone if anyone has had this problem or has any suggestions?

Thanks
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Motorola Phone and XT

Post by Peobody »

Did you confirm that the phone was still connected to the XT? That disconnection is a recurring problem for me. It is random and I have yet to identify exactly what breaks it. I almost never use my phone when riding so it might be disconnected for months before I realize it. The weird part is that I still see incoming call and text notifications on the XT but I can't make or answer calls. You should try telling the devices to forget each other and then pair again to see if that helps. If you think the call is working but there is no volume, keep in mind that the XT has a volume mixer with a separate control for phone calls.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Toad
Great Britain

Post by Toad »

I have disconnected and reconnected several times and the same thing happens. I can use the music and navigation stuff fine on the Motorola but try to make a call and it all goes down the pan.
Thing is that as my old phone works with the phone features it points to something with with the Motorola phone being a problem.

What phone are you using ?
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Toad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:23 am What phone are you using ?
Mine is an iPhone SE.

I have had my XT for almost 3 years and I only remember using the phone twice so I am far from an expert on the matter. I responded only because my disconnection issue was fresh in my mind after having just returned from a ride during which I attempted to call my wife to let her know that I was enjoying myself longer than anticipated.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Make sure that the phone hasn't connected to the headset or to anything else.

It normally isn't a problem on the bike, but the XT can take a while to start up (relatively speaking). In the meantime the phone finds a previous connection around the house, and then does not connect to the XT. THe same sort of thing can happen with the headset.

If that doesn't sort it, break all connections with everything and start from scratch Headset to XT first. That is important, because there is usually no way of choosing or resetting the BT connection to a headset. With the phone and the XT, you can break connections, forget devices, and start looking for new connections.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.