BT Headset for XT needed any ideas?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: BT Headset for XT needed any ideas?

Post by rbentnail »

twowheelstom wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:51 pm For your bluetooth adapter, do you also have an attached usb power bank to it to make the adapters battery last longer?
I got my receiver but wondering if the small battery in the adapter is enough to play music from the zumo on a long ride.
Nope, no power bank here. The adapter I got lasts at least 10 hrs playing music from the XT SD card and giving turn instructions. If I were you I'd try it out before worrying about it.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
twowheelstom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

I found online specs for my ugreen bluetooth receiver it's a 300mAh battery, and since I worry about having a dead battery on a ride with no audio, so I bought myself a Christmas gift on amazon the INIU Portable Charger, 𝟐𝟐.𝟓𝑾 USB C 10,000mAh Small Power Bank, 1 usb-c in/out and 2 usb-a out, little compact unit for my pocket to be connected to the receiver at all times, this was 1 of the things I was worrying about going from bike powered earbuds on the 550 to battery powered earbuds, ya I know I shouldn't worry about losing audio on a 396 but I do lol, Christmas morning, Merry Christmas 8-)
2005 Kawasaki 800 cruiser Zumo XT 8-)
PhillH
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by PhillH »

I have used a Samsung HS3000 for years with the Zumo 600 and now the XT. It cost £20 is very small and fits in the helmet behind one of the cheek pieces in my shoei. I stripped apart and mounted a cheap pair of earphones in to the helmet which plug into the unit. I also have an extension cable pluged in for charging which tucks out of the way when not in use. Works a treat but the HS3000 is discontinued so I will neeed to look for something similiar when it finally fails. You can find a similiar units available but they are all square whereas the HS3000 was finger shaped and thin. I get a full days riding with music playing.
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Making any progress? I might be! By Bluetooth pairing the adapter and the XT, I got turn instructions and the music played from the SD card. I also had my Android phone paired to the XT for Garmin Drive app weather, traffic, etc. messages. I've been doing these for a while.

Today I figured out how to play music from the phone, through the XT and to my adapter where my earbuds allow me to hear. Wow! I'm not techno-geeky in the least so this is a great victory for me! Next test is to have an active route running to see if I get what I want- music from phone, music stops, get turn instruction, music restarts. This is gonna be so great!
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
twowheelstom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

rbentnail wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:58 pm This is gonna be so great!
you're helping me learn stuff for my new 396 coming Tuesday, keep doing good work cause it's helping me, you inspired me to get my bluetooth receiver, when the 396 comes I want to pair the receiver to the 396 for starters, to get navigation audio and music like you have, you're doing a good job.
2005 Kawasaki 800 cruiser Zumo XT 8-)
rbentnail
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

All stop! What worked yesterday didn't work today. This is what I had:

XT BT paired with phone. XT BT paired with BT receiver. Wired earbuds plugged into receiver, one inserted in ear. Started route, initial instructions came through earbud. I could play music from the XT SD card through my earbud. Stopped route and while the music was still playing from the SD card, I restarted the route. Music stopped, audio instructions came through the earbud, then the music started playing from the SD card again. Perfect! I had all this before so nothing's changed.

Then things went south really fast. On the XT, I stopped the music from the SD card and then changed the source by selecting my Android phone. I checked the menus in both my phone and the XT and both said each was paired with the other. I opened a music app and pressed play. The music plays, but it comes out of the phone speaker. Crap! I spent 25 minutes trying all the things I've read about- unpairing, repairing, rebooting, removing devices from the area, etc. What a frikken cluster-F!! I finally got the phone music to play through the earbud but I have no idea what I did to make it work. Double crap! So I took a little ride on my route and everything worked- music from phone, stops, turn instruction, music restarts. All through the earbuds. I get back home and stop the route on the XT. I exit from the app on the phone. Here's where things go farther south b/c simple, stoopit me thinks, "if it worked once, it'll work again." Nope, music plays from phone speaker.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT