activity profile - unpaved roads

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: activity profile - unpaved roads

Post by rbentnail »

Peobody wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:52 pm Getting back to the original question and my associated recommended solution of assigning Direct to selected segments, I just came across a similar use for this technique. In the below example I am riding north on Arlington Church Rd and then turning west on Albemarle Rd. The map says that I can not turn left there (even though I can) so it creates a route that goes right then does a u-turn. To overcome that I added a Direct route point on Arlington Church Rd followed by a waypoint at the intersection of Arlington Church Rd and Albemarle Rd. The result is that BaseCamp now includes the left in the route.
clipimage.jpg
This is the kind of minutia detail I generally do not concern myself about. If I know I can turn left, I turn left. Regardless of what the zumo thinks I should do, my brain always overrides its stupidity. It'll catch up with me in a minute.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
ZFtracker
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Re: activity profile - unpaved roads

Post by ZFtracker »

Lots of good info in this discussion. I played along with my routes/waypoints in Basecamp. Thanks for sharing.
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60
inReach Mini