Routes after update

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Adriatic Moto
Slovenia

Routes after update

Post by Adriatic Moto »

Hello there,

I just updated my Garmin Basecamp PC software and the maps on my Navigator V. What I realised is that the waypoints that make up my old routes do not line up with the new maps anymore. Its minimal, but it affects the line of the route once I import them on the Navigator V device.
The POI (hotels, restaurants, ports...) that I put in before the update are in the right places, just the dots that make up the route have shifted.

So far, the only thing I found to fix the problem, is to redo the old routes by tracing them in the updated software, but that is time consuming as I have over 100 of them.
Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks for any information.
Attachments
Basecamp 1.jpg
Basecamp 1.jpg (98.04 KiB) Viewed 922 times
Basecamp 2.jpg
Basecamp 2.jpg (96.67 KiB) Viewed 922 times
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Routes after update

Post by sussamb »

Shouldn't need to trace them. Either open route properties in BaseCamp and click on the Recalculate button, or leave them. Your Zumo will recalculate them when you try to navigate using them if there is an issue.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Three things that are worth trying.

1 Make sure that you update the maps on you computer to match the maps on your satnav. Once you have done that, Ask Basecamp to recalculate the routes that were created with the old maps. (Or recalculate just the one route and leave the others until a later date).

2 Sometimes the Basecamp display goes a bit silly. This can often be fixed by going to View / Map Control On to turn on the compass and zoom controls. Grab hold of the outer ring of the compass and rotate it 45 degrees, and let go of the mouse button. Then go to View and select "Align North Up".

(PC Instructions)

It might be that your level of detail for the maps, or the select maps are not correct.

3 Make sure that you have the correct map selected in the drop down at the top. It looks as though you might have Global Map selected.
Set the map detail level a little higher. I use Medium most of the time as a compromise between not enough accuracy and too much detail.
See what happens when you zoom in on a portion of the route.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
khunpaul
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by khunpaul »

This happens now and again. Option (2) above always works for me.