Error reading GPX files

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
paulika
Finland

Error reading GPX files

Post by paulika »

My Zumo 590 has functioned fine 8 years but now when trying to connect it to BaseCamp it gaves the announsment that error reading GPS files. Similarly Garmin Express gives notethat there is communication problem. What to do? I have updated both BaseCamp and Garmin Express and also my Zumo whitout any difficulties. Navication works fine as well but creating new routes is not possible anymore with BaseCamp.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Error reading GPX files

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forums.

Many apologies for a very late reply to your first post. No excuses, but it can happen over Summer when people are away.

Did you get this issue sorted ? Garmin Express has a habit if keeping hold of the Usb connection. If Basecamp is running at the same time, it will want to talk with your Zumo if it is connected. The Zumo cannot talk to two programs at once.

If Basecamp is connected to the Zumo, by Usb, then make sure that Express is not running - and kill its background process too.
You can do this in Express itself from the gear icon - tell it not to run on startup. Unfortunately, you have to do this every time that a new version of Express is downloaded.

If you want to use Express, then make sure that Basecamp isn't running.

If you are still having problems, then it may be an issue with the gpx file itself. You could post it here or send by private message. I'll take a look.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.