For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
stevephi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Spotify stream stuttering

Post by stevephi »

Hi,

I cannot get Spotify to work properly, seems like a data streaming problem as it will consistently play for a couple of seconds then stop and then carry on again. I think my phone (One Plus One) and headset are both OK as it can stream OK from the Spotify app to the Interphone 5MC headset, problem seems to be when I introduce the 595 into the equation.
Using the 595 internal player works fine.
dave726
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Re: Spotify stream stuttering

Post by dave726 »

Try other streaming services. Some work better than others on buffering for reception problems and possibly with handshaking with your 595.
stevephi
Great Britain

Post by stevephi »

Thanks Dave, have given that a try. I'm sure I connected correctly - Bluetooth device on the 595. enabled the Media service for my phone and made sure it was also enabled for my headset. Used Google Play, could see the music playing but couldn't hear anything.
I then took the Zumo out of the equation and paired my phone with my headset and used both Play and Spotify and both worked fine, no buffering at all.

All I can think is something is going wrong on the phone between the Smartlink app and Spotify or there's a problem with the 595.
dave726
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by dave726 »

With my Zumo 665, there are times where the pairing is not in the right mode, i.e. HFP instead of A2DP mode. I REMOVE both the phone and headset from the Zumo, factory reset the BT headset, power off the headset. Then remove the pairing from the smart phone and re-pair the smart phone and the Zumo first. Now power up the headset and pair to the Zumo.
stevephi
Great Britain

Post by stevephi »

There is quite an extensive bluetooth control on the 59x as it can connect to two headsets. A2DP can be set to both but HFP to only one and you can control which one is paired, switching them off and on, similar controls are available for the phone and a bluetooth music source, which these days is most likely the phone.

I have had a situation where the Zumo decided to swap HFP to the headsets and gave my pillion the directions and me stony silence wondering where on earth I was going :?

When using the Zumo media player it has worked 100% every time - provided I use the internal storage as it is very hit and miss, more the latter, as to if the unit will read any MicroSD. Even when I get the card to be 'seen' it isn't too long before it vanishes again.

All I've found on the web is people who cannot get it to work at all, but reported 'it worked till a few weeks ago', so I'll try removing smartlink and Spotify on my phone and re-install.

Thanks.
stevephi
Great Britain

Post by stevephi »

Thanks [mention]dave726[/mention] for your replies.

I've sorted it out, not sure which of the two steps did it though.

I uninstalled Spotify on my phone, when I re-installed it the new version wasn't showing my premium subscription like it did before removing the app. Sorted the account out, logged back in and now it works. Maybe I should have tried that 2 years ago :?
giuseppe66
Been liked: 9 times
Italy

Post by giuseppe66 »

new firmware solve every problems with spotify