Motopumps Locking mount Zumo XT/XT2

Wondering how to mount your Garmin Zumo? feel free to ask in here or even show off your mounting method.
LFC09
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Australia

Motopumps Locking mount Zumo XT/XT2

Post by LFC09 »

I've moved from the touratech locking mount with my zumo XT and decided on the clean look of the motopumps locking mount for the XT2.
Discount was available on advrider.com, shipping directly from US, vendor was prompt with email replies.
Comes with a barrel that screws in underneath Garmin release tab.
It won't stop a determined individual but it is a deterrent.
IMG_8769.jpeg
IMG_8769.jpeg (302.61 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
IMG_8767.jpeg
IMG_8767.jpeg (331.66 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
Lance_wnc
United States of America

Re: Motopumps Locking mount Zumo XT/XT2

Post by Lance_wnc »

So I’m torn between the Moto pump touratech for my Zummo I like the new articulating Moto pump because if you’re standing or sitting, you can adjust it easily and I definitely want something that locks it. TT has a really nice system. Question for you is you said you got a discount through ADV rider? How did you do that?
LFC09
Has liked: 6 times
Australia

Post by LFC09 »

Rob is in the vendor section of advrider.
https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/garm ... t-48442391
I'm really happy with the motopumps locking mount and don't see a need for it to tilt or articulate. Visibility great sitting or standing.
Just noticed this new mount, locking with BMW key, bit skinny on details at this point. Price 160 Euros.
https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/zumo ... w.1673469/
Lance_wnc
United States of America

Post by Lance_wnc »

That link you sent me I actually already have that on my BMW 850 GSA it’s plug and play. All you do is take off the phone mount and put their mount on and take their wiring out unclip it and use the adapter comes with these little soldering joints. Super easy to install. I just wish I would have trimmed the wires down before I soldered it together because I have a whole nest of extra wiring. I’ll probably eventually cut it down and then rest strip the wires and get two of those solder things. and redo it but it’s a lot to take apart. You’ve got a pop off the TFT and the windscreen and these little side panels to get worthy adapter is it’s just time-consuming it’s not hard what I have is a 2023 Honda CRF 300 L and I want to be able to go back-and-forth with my Garman between the two that’s where I’m torn between the.Touratech and the motopump. I ordered new handlebars for it and they have a crossbar. I just have to find out exactly what the diameter of the crossbar is because that’s where I’ll mount it at so I’m waiting for the new bars to come and then I’ll figure it out I like both of them they’re both really nice, and very similar in price
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

I installed a plain Motopumps lock recently and just finished a 1600 mile 5-day trip with it. Unobtrusive, easy to use. I removed the XT at the end of the day but I'm the type that plans shorter days and stops at sites, markers, etc. a lot. I like that I didn't worry that I left the XT mounted throughout the day.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
JD Hog
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by JD Hog »

I just ordered one of these because of the good reports I find here and other forums.
Jim Diebolt
Zumo XT
2015 Kawasaki 1700 Voyager
Northern California, USA