Off road plotting

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
oddball
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Off road plotting

Post by oddball »

I have a Zumo 346 which is the same as a 396 just different map to 396.I normally use it on my motorbike but would like to use it for my mountain biking as well if possible.What would be the best way to get a route onto the 346.I can import a gpx file but because it was plotted on a more detailed map than whats in Basecamp will it work? or would I need to plot it direct into Basecamp using waypoint or tracks? Never done any off road plotting before so I'm completley new to this.
Thanks.
Totti
Finland

Re: Off road plotting

Post by Totti »

You could change the route to a track and then import it to your navigator.
Then it doesn't navigate (guide you thru the turns) but it will show the track (and your location) on your device's screen. It is fairly easy to follow this track by bicycle. We use this trick with when we have different navigators and maps in the group. Because depending on the amount of waypoints in a route, every device calculates the route differently. By using a track, you can be sure that everyone stays on the same path.
”On se kumma kun tehdään kunniaa sille joka löi jalkansa poikki.
Vaan se jolla on päässä huminaa, sitä poloista häpeää kaikki.” Timo Rautiainen & Neljäs Sektori
oddball
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Re: Off road plotting

Post by oddball »

Brilliant thanks for the reply :)