Routes failing to import

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Routes failing to import

Post by Oop North John »

I as a matter of course send routes to the micro SD card in my XT, and then import them into the XT by using the spanner and import. Recently I've noticed that some routes will not import into the XT, I've tried selecting a problematic one on its own and as a group with others, and it just won't import.

Anyone else seen anything like this? I know I could try importing the routes to the XT, but even this method fails to work.
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Re: Routes failing to import

Post by FrankB »

@Oop North John
If you post a gpx file or send me a pm, i will have a look.
Frank
Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

Thanks, hopefully this attaches ok.
Attachments
Ttransfer.gpx
(414.25 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
danham
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 83 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

Despite having honeymooned in that part of the world many years ago (love it), I don't have detailed maps for it in Basecamp, so my look at your route is pretty crude. But what I noticed right away is that most if not all of the "stops" require turning around and heading back the way you came. Nothing wrong with this, but I'm wondering if that is what is confusing the XT?

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE
FrankB
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

Oop North John wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:44 pm Thanks, hopefully this attaches ok.
It loads in Basecamp fine. Will try on the Xt
FrankB
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

Doesn't load on my XT neither.
Will dig into it. Give me some time
Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

danham wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:01 pm Despite having honeymooned in that part of the world many years ago (love it), I don't have detailed maps for it in Basecamp, so my look at your route is pretty crude. But what I noticed right away is that most if not all of the "stops" require turning around and heading back the way you came. Nothing wrong with this, but I'm wondering if that is what is confusing the XT?
You should come over again, the NC500 is the "must do", so takes a lot of the traffic away from the East, which is good!

I don't know why you're seeing the heading back as it should be an out, and then return.

Just tried another 20+ routes. all with no problem which makes it infuriating about why this one is a problem. If I send it to the XT, and try to import it, it deletes it from the XT.
FrankB
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

@Oop North John

It is definitely related to 'Queens View'. It is added twice to the route as a via point (Alerting)
If i change the 2nd to Shaping (Non Alerting) the route loads in the XT, but the 2nd occurence of 'Queens view' is missing.

I would suggest working your way around this. Maybe rename the Second to 'King Charles View?' (Humour intended)
qview.jpg
qview.jpg (100.49 KiB) Viewed 800 times
EDIT: After I tested your route I wanted to clean my XT. I found that there were '.trip' files in the '.System' directory, but none of them were visible in the trip planner. I bet your XT also has some leftover .trip files. I would clean them up.
trips.jpg
trips.jpg (182.66 KiB) Viewed 794 times
FrankB
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

@Oop North John
I felt I had to clarify my reply from yesterday with an example. If you take these steps, the route will load in the XT.

1) Duplicate the Waypoint 'Queens View', and rename it to 'Queens view Return'. (Any different name will do)
2) Delete the second Via point named 'Queens view' from the route.
3) Substitute it with the newly created waypoint.

See my attached GPX.

Conclusion: It might be as simple as "You cannot have multiple Via points in a route with the same name."
Attachments
Ttransfer modified.gpx
(414.93 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Oop North John
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

FrankB wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:49 am @Oop North John
I felt I had to clarify my reply from yesterday with an example. If you take these steps, the route will load in the XT.

1) Duplicate the Waypoint 'Queens View', and rename it to 'Queens view Return'. (Any different name will do)
2) Delete the second Via point named 'Queens view' from the route.
3) Substitute it with the newly created waypoint.

See my attached GPX.

Conclusion: It might be as simple as "You cannot have multiple Via points in a route with the same name."
Many thanks for your help with this, I put a shaping point in after deleting one of the "queens view" via points from the route, and all is good. :)

Looking for the trips in the "Systems" file, I don't see it in my internal drive, only in the external when I have the SD card installed, is the system folder a hidden one?