Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Thrasherg
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: what software to use to create GPX files

Post by Thrasherg »

Les wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:41 pm
Thrasherg wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:52 pm Thanks everyone, guess I will stick to basecamp for the time being.

Regards Gary
Just an Idea, have you tried Mapsource?
Thanks for the suggestion, I haven’t tried it, I was really hoping to get Tread to work on a PC as Garmin wrote the software to work with their GPS units, but as it seems they don’t want to support PC’s I will stick with basecamp and take a look at map source.

Regards Gary
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Myroute App works on pc or phone and easily transfers routes and tracks to the XT.

It's more intuitive than basecamp too

You can use the free version or pay for subscription which gives other routing options and different maps too
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Post by Fxwheels »

I used different software before I decides on Basecamp. Basecamp is a very powerful software, but yes, it is not intuitive and require a learning curve.
It shows the unpaved roads and most street details at a bigger zoom lever than other software. One thing I didn't get passed over is when adding a shaping/via point in the middle of the route. Sometimes I have to do it 2 times as the first time it moves from a different location so I need to undo and do it again. Rather than that it has many good features.

If you want an easy yet fast and useful software, you can try maps.harley-davidson.com