BASECAMP ISSUES

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for MAC then please post in this section.
Frogman1
United States of America

BASECAMP ISSUES

Post by Frogman1 »

I've been using Basecamp since it replaced MapSource with MS software. I changed to an Apple Mini Pro, downloaded BaseCamp for OS. It's doesn't work! It looks different and I can not build a trip. I set a starting point of a route, change to the hand grabber to move the map, change back to the route and the route disconnects. I can not pull and drop?? Also, everything is slow to react. I understand BaseCamp is discontinued, why is it not working like on my MS software?
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
Frogman1
United States of America

Re: BASECAMP ISSUES

Post by Frogman1 »

I assume that nobody can answer my question?
FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
Grabcon
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by Grabcon »

I just tried this on my MacBook Pro. Like you I cannot switch back from the hand to the route. I typically stay in the “Create Route Tool” and just zoom in and out to move around. Wish there was a better way.
danham
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 83 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

A workaround is to move around the map using your mouse or trackpad while staying in the route creation tool. I imagine a trackpad would be ideal for this, but my BT mouse is close enough, allowing me to slide my finger and move without losing the route tool.

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE