Add WP later.

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Raf
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times
Italy

Add WP later.

Post by Raf »

I planned a trip with 9 routes and their tracks and various WPs. I forgot to transfer any WP from BC to Zumo. I corrected all routes with java program. Can I add now? Or delete everything and do everything again?
Thank.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: Add WP later.

Post by rbentnail »

Using Base Camp, you can edit the routes that are on the XT. Make sure Garmin Express is NOT running, not even in the background. Open Base Camp, give it a minute. Plug your XT into your computer and give it time, it might take a minute. Click on the location of your routes in the XT (internal or user memory) section on the left and there they are! Re-route; add, delete or move points. Whatever you want to do.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 287 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

@Raf, when you transfer a route from BaseCamp to the XT, all waypoints contained in it are recorded as Saved/Favourites waypoints when is is imported by the XT. Correcting the .trip file with the java program should not affect this. AFIAK, the only reason to transfer waypoints from BaseCamp is if you want them available as destinations in the Saved/Favourites list without importing their route. If that is what you need, doing so now should not affect the existing 'fixed' routes.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Raf
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times
Italy

Post by Raf »

These WPs are not along a route. They are places I could visit.
Another solution would be to import to the sd card. Then transfer to the Zumo