Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Chopperbob
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Netherlands

Connectivity to IPhone AND Nex headset

Post by Chopperbob »

Folks,...

I seem not to be able to have the iPhone AND my NExx headset connected to the Zumo. They both show up on the Zumo but very seldom it works.

The iPhone is also connected to the headset, does that perhaps create a conflict?

Appreciate thoughts

Robert
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Connectivity to IPhone AND Nex headset

Post by Peobody »

FWIW, I have never been able to get my Cardo to work when connected to both my iPhone and the XT. It keep it connected to the XT only.
One annoyance for me was that the XT would automatically prompt to play music from the phone. This got so annoying that I put the music on the XT and then disabled the music ("Media Audio") in the phones configuration on the XT.

Edit: I do not like to talk on the phone while I ride. It appears that I 'should" be able to answer incoming calls but my success at doing so has been mixed. I do care about fixing this. Seeing texts and missed calls on the XT is all I care about. I'll deal with them when I stop.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Fallguy67
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by Fallguy67 »

The best setup I came up with for my Sena headset was to pair it the the XT with a phone profile and then the XT to my iPhone, When I tried to pair my headset to the phone and to the XT (as BT device) I had several issues.
Chopperbob
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Netherlands

Post by Chopperbob »

Disconnected the "head-set" from the phone, now I am hearing the directions from the XT but no media/music from the phone although it is playing on the XT...

guess I need to experiment a bit more.....