Export route to a table format

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Chucho
Has liked: 3 times
United States of America

Export route to a table format

Post by Chucho »

Hello,

I am new to this forum. Searched for answers to my questions and couldn't find any. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

On BaseCamp (for Windows), is there a way to export the table format displayed when a route is open?

I want to be able to just click a button (or buttons) and be able to import data from route to excel (or similar) format with relevant information like: Via point name, Arrive/depart time, layover, distance, time, total distance, and total time.

This will come very handy when riding in groups and want to share route details in letter size printout paper for review while riding.

Thanks in advance,

Chucho
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Export route to a table format

Post by Peobody »

Chucho wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:01 pm On BaseCamp (for Windows), is there a way to export the table format displayed when a route is open?

I want to be able to just click a button (or buttons) and be able to import data from route to excel (or similar) format with relevant information like: Via point name, Arrive/depart time, layover, distance, time, total distance, and total time.
Not that I know of. There is option to export the data to a .csv but that file only contains the metadata. It does not contain the calculated data like time and distance. Another option that came to mind is a print to pdf but that document contains turn-by-turn directions, via points, time between each, and accumulated distance at each.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Iris
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
United States of America

Post by Iris »

We have a 28 day trip planned in Europe. Some of my days have up to 9 Waypoints. There was no way for me to remember all these days and all the various waypoints for each of the days. So, what I did was print an 8 1/2 x 11 for each day and list the waypoints in a numerical list and then place a number on the map corresponding to the waypoint. It will give me a quick synopsis of the day and a general location of where the waypoint is, and what the waypoint is (in case I want to skip it on the fly). Some days have at least 9 waypoints.

Here, in the States during our local rides I don’t need to do this, but in Europe (where I don’t frequently go), I wanted a list to help me recall what my plan is.
Here is one of our days.
Here is one of our days.
AC45BB64-BC03-4E21-ABF0-534AB5BE60FB.jpeg (94.84 KiB) Viewed 5389 times
khunpaul
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by khunpaul »

I just tried exporting a route from Basecamp to a GPX file then opening just that route in the old Mapsource programme (which preceded Basecamp).
Under the Directions tab in the route properties I selected all then copied and pasted in to Excel.
It came out in nice columns unlike in Basecamp. Is that what you want?
Chucho
United States of America

Post by Chucho »

Thanks all for your comments.

I have tried the method recommended by @Iris , but it gets complicated when waypoints are clustered in one small area.

I have never used MapSource so I just downloaded it and installed. When importing and checking a route details (as recommended by @khunpaul), yes, I can copy/paste data to excel - much better than any other method I have tried so far! The issue is that some data is missing so I will need to add that manually.

Thanks again all for your comments.

Chucho
ZFtracker
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by ZFtracker »

That's pretty cool. Thanks, @khunpaul .
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60