Good Evening all.

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Arthur01
Great Britain

Good Evening all.

Post by Arthur01 »

Hello all and I have arrived with a problem!
I have a Zumo 660 660 ATL which has served me well over the last few years but as we are touring Europe this year I wanted to add some areas. Through Garmin Express, I received the message that there was not enough room on the device, so after a contact with Garmin tech it was suggested that I install a 32GB SD card which I duly did.
However I still see the same message of "not enough space" and although I can see from Garmin Express that the device is about 80% full & there is 31GB of card space, when asking to change maps I receive the same "not enough space message without an option to use the available SD storage.
Further contact with Garmin Tech received the suggestion to "bin it & buy another one from use at a 30% discount.
I don't really want to replace the unit - quite apart for the costs involved - it sees a bit mad that the device works but just needs a method of accessing the SD card storage. The SD card was formatted with the settings suggested by Tech - Fat32, Default Allocation Site and Quick Format.

Suggestions would be great,

Regards

Arthur.
MSTOCK27370
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 32 times
United States of America

Re: Good Evening all.

Post by MSTOCK27370 »

Use Mapinstall to load the map to the SD card. You can split it between the internal memory and the SD card. You have to make sure that you don't copy the same segment into both places.
Michael S.
Trinity, North Carolina
Zumo 590LM, 396LM, 550 BMW R1100RT, R100, R60/6
kernowing
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

Arthur01 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:07 pm Hello all and I have arrived with a problem!
I have a Zumo 660 660 ATL which has served me well over the last few years but as we are touring Europe this year I wanted to add some areas. Through Garmin Express, I received the message that there was not enough room on the device, so after a contact with Garmin tech it was suggested that I install a 32GB SD card which I duly did.
However I still see the same message of "not enough space" and although I can see from Garmin Express that the device is about 80% full & there is 31GB of card space, when asking to change maps I receive the same "not enough space message without an option to use the available SD storage.
Further contact with Garmin Tech received the suggestion to "bin it & buy another one from use at a 30% discount.
I don't really want to replace the unit - quite apart for the costs involved - it sees a bit mad that the device works but just needs a method of accessing the SD card storage. The SD card was formatted with the settings suggested by Tech - Fat32, Default Allocation Site and Quick Format.

Suggestions would be great,

Regards

Arthur.
Good morning Arthur, welcome to the Zumo Forum.
I have a Zumo 660 and had the same issues regarding loading all of Europe. Use Mapinstall and select the areas that you know you'll be touring and install the relevant areas.
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
Arthur01
Great Britain

Post by Arthur01 »

Have tried the Mapinstall but it tells me there is not enough room on the device & does not see the SD card option.