For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
stkm04
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Zumo 660 Map sync problem

Post by stkm04 »

Hi -

I have a ZUMO 660 which up to now worked perfectly. I frequently updated the maps using Garmin Express on the a Win 10 system.

Now I wanted to update the map to the latest version (I had not updated the map since last fall): I start Garmin Express (updated it to the latest version 7.16.3.0), I open the battery door, and connect the USB cable.

Usually at this point the Garmin would boot in "USB mode" (I could see the device and the memory card in Windows Explorer) and I could update it via Garmin Express. However, this time the GARMIN logo flashes and the message "Close Battery Door" appears. I tried it several times, always the same problem.

I also tried to connect the ZUMO 660 to Basecamp, and with different cables and USB ports, no joy either.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

The Zumo works fine except for this connection problem.
stkm04
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Zumo 660 Map sync problem - SOLVED

Post by stkm04 »

I kept on testing the ZUMO: I used a different computer and lo and behold it did connect.

Back to the original computer: Still the same problem. Then I used yet another USB port (this time a USB 2.0 port) on that same computer and now my ZUMO can connect. Apparently the latest WIN 10 update made the USB 3.0 ports somehow incompatible with the ZUMO.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo 660 Map sync problem

Post by rbentnail »

I had the same problem when I got a new laptop. With the XT 1 port does comms, 1 port is charging only and 1 port does nothing for the XT though my phone will transfer files through it.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo 660 Map sync problem

Post by carolinarider09 »

Good to know. I just a MacBook but one never knows about the future.