Trip Planner, No search option?

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
LQQK_OUT
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Trip Planner, No search option?

Post by LQQK_OUT »

Does anyone else think it's a mistake that there isn't a "search" option for the Trip Planner? I have at least 20 trips imported into the Trip Planner. The GPS software doesn't even alphabetize the imported trips. When I want to look for a particular trip, I need to scroll through the screen. Seems like they could easily implement a "search" option, similar to when you "import" a trip.
Zumo 595LM
2011 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU
1993 Harley-Davidson FLSTF
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Trip Planner, No search option?

Post by sussamb »

You should find they are listed in closest order to you. Logic of that is if you want to start a trip it'll be one where you are. A search option would be good though and you could try suggesting that here https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/
LQQK_OUT
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Post by LQQK_OUT »

I filled out the form for a Trip Planner search feature. Thank you.
I do not believe the routes are listed in the closet order to me. I've asked Garmin support about this and they told me the trips are listed in the order they have been Imported. This also doesn't seem to be the case for me.
Zumo 595LM
2011 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU
1993 Harley-Davidson FLSTF
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Routes that have been given a future departure date/time will be sorted by date/time in trip planner. This is only valuable when you have planned a multi-day trip (1 route/day).included a departure date/time in each route, and have deleted all saved routes before importing the ones associated with that trip. Additional sort controls and a search function would be a plus.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.