Zumo 390 Bluetooth

For everything Garmin Zumo 345/350 related
lather
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Zumo 390 Bluetooth

Post by lather »

Aquired a used Zumo 350 about 8 months ago and have been using it almost daily since then Yesterday for the first time I got a pop up message on the 350 telling me my android phone was requesting a bluetooth connection. I was listening to music on my phone with bluetooth ear buds so I declined.
Looking at the manual I see that the Zumo will pair with my earbuds and I can then get navigation prompts. My question is why did my phone suddenly decide to pair with the Zumo after all this time? On todays ride I will try to pair the Zumo and my phone to the earbuds at the same time but I am not optimistic.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 390 Bluetooth

Post by jfheath »

I don't know the 390, but your question might easily apply to most Zumos.

It is easy to accidentally turn options on and off. Fir example, the touch screens get more sensitive if they get warm, and there is a BT icon on the main page.

Regarding pairing. Pair you earbuds to the Zumo.

Then pair your phone to the Zumo. This puts the Zumo in control of sound coming in and going out, so that you can use the screen to control phone calls, music etc.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
lather
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo 390 Bluetooth

Post by lather »

I mistakenly titled this Zumo 390. Should have been 350. I also have a 390 but no problems with it. The 350 and the 390 user screens and apps are quite different. And I am now having problems with the 350 screen sensitivity in that it has become unresposive. So I am not able to do anything with the 350 settings.