Upload looks wrong??

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Exrm193
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Upload looks wrong??

Post by Exrm193 »

I've planned a few routes for June of this year on Basecamp. All look good on Basecamp on my MacBook.
However, when I upload them to my Zumo and look at them in "Trip Planner", some of them are a single straight line with a distance of 0yd. Some of them look as planned???

Can I presume that when I actually press "Go" the Zumo will calculate and I will go where I'd planned??

Thanks
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Upload looks wrong??

Post by sussamb »

No, but you can force a recalc now by changing properties when you view the route on your device from fastest to shortest and vice versa. If you still get straight lines something is wrong, but without more detail it's currently difficult to say.
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

sussamb wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:02 pm No, but you can force a recalc now by changing properties when you view the route on your device from fastest to shortest and vice versa. If you still get straight lines something is wrong, but without more detail it's currently difficult to say.
I think if you change the vehicle type ie car to motorbike or vice versa, it'll force a recalculation.

Could the OP's problem be that they've selected off road as the vehicle type in Basecamp?
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

Oop North John wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:26 pm
sussamb wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:02 pm No, but you can force a recalc now by changing properties when you view the route on your device from fastest to shortest and vice versa. If you still get straight lines something is wrong, but without more detail it's currently difficult to say.
I think if you change the vehicle type ie car to motorbike or vice versa, it'll force a recalculation.

Could the OP's problem be that they've selected off road as the vehicle type in Basecamp?
@ONJ, you were reading my mind also, either off road or none at all.
Exrm193
Great Britain

Post by Exrm193 »

Everything is set for motorcycling in BC.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

The motocycling option at the top of the basecamp screen is the default setting. Individual routes may be set for another mode of transport or routing.

Double click the route (sorry youa re on Mac, but I guess you know how to get the route properties dialog box ?)
In route options - make sure that says Motorcycling. (Not Motorcycling Faster, or anything like that). It has to be the Motorcycling entry that is in the top part of the long drop down list. Other custom built ones may appear at the bottom, below the dividing line).
Note that one of the options is Direct. (Which gives straight lines).

When you change the preferences on the Zumo, you have to change it for the route not for the icon on the main screen. That won't solve the problem.

This is decribed here app.php/ZXT-P43

You can click the vehicle icon and change it to a valid vehicle.
You can also click the spanner and reset the other preference that has come from Basecamp - the shorter/faster option.

Note that the curvy road option in Basecamp does not get processed by Basecamp. If you have curvy roads set in BAsecamp, the XT ignores it and default to faster time. Adventurous Routing is a more complex option that can be activated on the XT after it has received a normal route.

All of this is explained from the start of the chapter in the link to page 43 that I posted a few lines back.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Exrm193
Great Britain

Post by Exrm193 »

"DOuble click the route (sorry youa re on MAc, but I guess you know how to get the route properties dialog box ?)
In route options - makse sure that syas Motorcycling. (Not Motorcycling Faster, or anything like that). IT has to be the Motorcycling entry that is in the top part of the long drop down list. Other custom built ones may appear at the bottom, below the dividing line).
Note that one of the options is Direct. (Which gives straight lines)."

That fixed it.....Cheers