Zumo XT - issues with TFT motorcycle dash boards

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Zumo XT - issues with TFT motorcycle dash boards

Post by Richard_R »

Not my problem fortunately but I have been reading about issues with Zumo XTs and TFT motorcycle screens (Triumph, KTM etc).
It seems that for some users when they mount the XT close to the TFT screen the XT suffers from interference and loss of accuracy. It only appears to affect some users so it may have been a batch component problem within the XT but does anybody know any accurate details?
Cuchulainn
Has liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo XT - issues with TFT motorcycle dash boards

Post by Cuchulainn »

I have seen a couple of threads about this issue on ADVRider. From what I read I thought it was specifically certain models and perhaps certain model years of Triumph 1200 Explorer, and Tiger 900. Also, the Speed Triple 765, uses the same TFT display as the Tiger 900 and there have been some reports of issues as well. It seemed the majority of the issues were on MY 2018 Triumphs or thereabouts.

Have you heard of any issues with KTM? I have a 2022 KTM 890 Adventure, I have not had this issue with that bike.
2017 Africa Twin DCT
2021 KTM Enduro R
2022 KTM 890 Adventure
Zumo XT/Cardo PackTalk Bold/inReach Mini/Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Rofor
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

Yes - i could confirm this!

My wife has a Street Triple R 765 (2018) and if i put my Zumo XT really near the dashboard while the bike is running, it nearly looses the GPS signal! It looks like it affects only dashboards from Triumph in a certain range (Tiger 800, Tiger Explorer, Street Triple) from 2018 to 2020.

If you own such a bike the only solution seems to be to put the Zumo XT as far from the dashboard as possible - sadly Garmin says it's Triumphs fault and vice versa.

Don't know about other KTM, BMW or so...
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
danham
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 83 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

Just to add a data point: no problem with my 2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE and the XT mounted pretty close to the TFT screen (stem mount).

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Post by Richard_R »

Cuchulainn wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:28 am Have you heard of any issues with KTM? I have a 2022 KTM 890 Adventure, I have not had this issue with that bike.
My original post was over 6 months ago. At the time I had read that there were some issues with some KTM models. There is no way I can go back and find the original source now.