Radar alerts using V1Driver

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
danham
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 83 times
United States of America

Radar alerts using V1Driver

Post by danham »

I would like my new (to me) XT to behave the way my 660 did in terms of sending radar alerts to my helmet. But so far it looks difficult to do. Here's how my 660 was set up: 660 paired to helmet for voice directions; no pairing between the 660 and my iPhone; iPhone paired to my helmet (Sena SRL2), using the app V1Driver for Valentine radar detectors.

With the XT, I would like to pair it with my phone to get weather alerts and use Drive, but not handle phone calls. The 660 allowed this separation via its Bluetooth menu, which has separate "channels" for GPS audio and phone. The XT appears to be an all-or-nothing deal. So if I have to pair the phone to the XT to get various functions, can I then also pair my phone to the helmet for radar alerts (via the V1 Driver app)? If this works, I will put up with managing phone calls through the XT as long as I can still hear my Valentine 1 warning me that I'm about to lose my license. ;-)

Another way to ask the question: with my phone paired to the XT and the XT to my helmet, will radar alerts generated by an app on my phone be heard in the helmet? The weather is still way too cold to test this on the bike, so I'm struggling to simulate all this indoors. Anyone dealt with this? Thanks.

EDIT: tested it today and it works.

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE