Zumo XT map very presumptuous (and needs reporting)

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
guiri
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Zumo XT map very presumptuous (and needs reporting)

Post by guiri »

Hi all

I planned a route using HERE mapping on myrouteapp, then transferred it to the Trip Planner on the XT and checked it. One section didn't look right.

It turns out that the XT map (which I had just updated on Express) thinks that the Poynton Relief Road (near Manchester, UK) is open. It won't be open for a few months yet. It might have made a good excursion off road thru a construction site!

Is there a way to report this (and any other mapping problems) to Garmin?

Cheers
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo XT map very presumptuous (and needs reporting)

Post by electro_handyman »

At least your changes are making it to the maps(even if the road work isn't completed yet)
I've got roads around me that were changed almost 10 years ago and the maps are still not updated.....
Every time I go thru the area Garmin thinks I'm in the middle of a corn field and wants to recalculate....
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Have you let Garmin know? If a map isn't correct it's because nobody, including the local authority, have told HERE, who are the map creator company that supply the map to Garmin.
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

I've reported a couple errors through Garmin and found them to be reasonably responsive. It does take a little time get get the changes distributed since the maps are only updated quarterly. To help show the error, I've included links to Google Maps Street View.

I've had less luck getting Google Maps to fix their errors. For years, I've complained repeatedly about their routing on our local freeways that calls for lane changes that are possible, but are unsafe and are posted as illegal. Even links to their own pictures of the signs prohibiting the maneuver have not changed their recommended routes.