Zumo 590 & 595 Battery life & charge problems

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 590 & 595 Battery life & charge problems

Post by jfheath »

Zumad wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:24 pm Hopefully I've managed to attach a photo here of my disassembled 595 battery:

There is a CMU (Charge Management Unit) underneath all that wrapping.
Many thanks Zumad. That might well be the DPPM unit that is mentioned in the battery system menu.
bar2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:23 am U guys r very technical 😉
Well we may give that impression @bar2 , but I hadn't got a clue until I Googled DPPM. It seems to manage the charging of the battery so I guess that DPPM is the same as a CMU, but spelled a bit differently. Its only 4 letters different !

And really, if I I had aspirations of being technical, I could probably make a start by not frying the battery in the first place.

Given that info, it might be worth throwing good money after bad and buying a new battery. But I'd then have to solder that in too. Hmmm. I wonder if one of my soldered joints moved while it was cooling and has gone 'dry'.

See my update to post on 6th December - a few posts back.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
blacktiger
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 590 & 595 Battery ISSUES A REAL SOLUTION

Post by blacktiger »

Outsider wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 pm 4. Re-insert the pin in to the connector housing, ensure the tab is pushed back down.
A couple of years ago I did all the pin spreading stuf. Just recently my 595 was cutting out and sometimes not turning on at all. So I had look at the plug again and found that the little tab had lifted and the negative (black cable) pin was falling/pulling out.
My fix was to reinsert it and push down the tab. I then got out my glue gun and set a strip of glue along the top of the whole plug to hold them all in place. All working reliably again.......for now!