Update can finish

Need help with the forum? or got some forum feedback? Please use this section.
RBW
Canada

Update can finish

Post by RBW »

My Zumo XT started update but it stops and inform me that the internet connection WIFI is not working. However I am using this connection to write this message. Can I turn off the Zumo XT and start over?
Thanks for your help
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Update can finish

Post by sussamb »

Yes, but really better to use the cable to update maps to avoid potential wifi issues
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

sussamb wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:01 am Yes, but really better to use the cable to update maps to avoid potential wifi issues
I disagree. I tried updating maps with Garmin Express and it always failed. Direct Wifi connection to my home router and the update was finished in less than 30 minutes.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Glad it worked but you can't really disagree with my statement, which was simply that using cable avoids wifi issues :D
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

rbentnail wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:31 pm I tried updating maps with Garmin Express and it always failed. Direct Wifi connection to my home router and the update was finished in less than 30 minutes.
In my experience, a map updated on the XT via wifi was not known to Garmin Express. I say this because I ended up with duplicate maps on my XT after a wifi map update and then allowing a map update by GE on my next connection. At the time, GE reported an old map version on the XT so I thought the wifi update had failed. Once I noticed the duplicate I suspected that GE didn't poll the XT for current map information but just displayed the last map version GE was aware of. I believe I was trying to use GE to install the wifi updated map to my PC but couldn't. I don't know whether this was a fluke but I have stayed with doing updates via GE ever since.

@rbentnail, what is your experience with this? Can you use GE to install a map to a PC that is on the XT (updated via wifi)?
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.