Deleting route imports

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
evan3161
Australia

Deleting route imports

Post by evan3161 »

I have read this forum (and other sources) extensively to try and fix this issue, which I gather is something that keeps cropping up.

My 590 has served me well for years. I do a lot of route planning on BC and so have accumulated a long list of routes on the import list in the Trip Planner app. From my reading, it appears that to get rid of these is to delete all .GPX files from the GPX folders on both the internal storage and the memory cad, which I have done.

Many of the routes that were there, disappeared with this treatment, but a number stubbornly remain, despite many, many different attempts to remove them. What really mystifies me is that after all of the file deleting that I have done, these remining trips will still import successfully! So somewhere there is a stash of old GPX files that have remained invisible to me, or perhaps are being regenerated when I restart the device.

I seem to have exhausted all the info and remedies that Google has dug up on this matter and so I am hoping an expert on this forum can help.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Deleting route imports

Post by sussamb »

Have you done a search on your device and card for all gpx files? Some devices will hoover up .gpi files wherever they are and it's possible your model is doing the same with .gpx files. Also if you're on a mac ensure you delete any trash.

Sequence is delete all .gpx files, then boot your device and delete the routes on your device using the menus on your device. Be aware that simply deleting .gpx files doesn't remove the routes on your device, this is because current.gpx is simply a one way copy of data held in inaccessible internal memory, it is that data that your device uses and can only be deleted via the devices menus.
evan3161
Australia

Post by evan3161 »

Great! That worked. Thank you.
I still have a bunch of obsolete waypoints showing up Internal Storage in Base Camp. How do I clear those?
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Are they also showing on your device? If so delete them there.