Help connecting devices please

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Wedders_gasman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Help connecting devices please

Post by Wedders_gasman »

I have a Zumo 590, an iPhone 12 and a Sena SRL, and can’t get them all working together. I decided I would run everything through the Zumo but it just won’t work. They will all connect together but will only work when connected individually. e.g. if I want spoken directions from the Zumo I have to turn the Bluetooth off on the phone. If I want the phone connected I have to turn off the Zumo they just refuse to work together. Anyone got a magic wand? :lol:
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Help connecting devices please

Post by jfheath »

Check this out.

I know that it is written for a cheapo BT headset, but the same priciples still apply. I know it helped someone trying to get a Sena a 590 and a phone to talk to each other.

The key thing is to start with a clean sheet and turn off EVERYTHING in the house that the devices have ever paired with, and delete the pairing (and any knowledge) of any other device from the phone, the 590 and if possible the headset. I'm just saying it here to point out how important these steps are. They are tedious, but if you take shortcuts, it might fail.
Attachments
Zumo 590 and Bluetooth.pdf
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 223 times

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Wedders_gasman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Help connecting devices please

Post by Wedders_gasman »

Thanks for the info. Tried the full procedure clearing the pairing on all devices and re pairing as instructed. Unfortunately everything still the same. :!: