Zumo XT routing to closed roads

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Agent1138
United States of America

Zumo XT routing to closed roads

Post by Agent1138 »

Hello. I'm brand new to the Zumo XT and I'm finding that when I plan a route, it sometimes routes me through closed roads and not around them. It even shows the closed roads. Is it supposed to do that? Am I doing something wrong here? Thank you.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo XT routing to closed roads

Post by rbentnail »

I found this recently in a town I was going through. I don't think it's anything you are doing wrong, maybe the maps being used haven't been updated.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Agent1138
United States of America

Post by Agent1138 »

Well, the map shows the road is closed and warns me but doesn't offer alternative route. I just don't understand why it's even offering a route that shows a closed road...
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 41 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

I had an occurrence where there was a closed road, that the XT's traffic was telling me, and I knew it was open. After going through the non-closed bit the XT was still trying to get me go back through the "closed" road.
electro_handyman
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

I had a similar, but more the opposite experience.
I had a route where the state was rebuilding a section of a roadway. The XT was wanting to re-route me 100 mile out of the way, and kept prompting me to recalc, and turn around. It was confusing as I was continuously meeting traffic, so I figured that the state had designed a "detour" which can be common practice in some areas. Sure enough there was a detour by the time I got to the actual closure. I followed the detour. Once I got to the other side, I stopped and restarted the route, joined nearest, and all was good.