Music playback shuttering/choppy?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Re: Music playback shuttering/choppy?

Post by Richard_R »

jfheath wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:21 pm Is this test using the XT's MP3 player, or is the music coming from a different source ?
In my case I am using music on the card played through the XT Music app to my Sena coms gear.
red.grey
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Portugal

Post by red.grey »

My Zumo XT already updated to Firmware v6.50...but I'm still having this problem.

Any news? Someone sorted this?

My Zumo is playing MP3 from SD card and is connected to BTM03 bluetooth from Autocom plus wired to Autocom Pro-7Sport.

(I'm reforming autocom this year!..serve well since 2003... many km and two bikes later)
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Post by Richard_R »

red.grey wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:18 pm My Zumo XT already updated to Firmware v6.50...but I'm still having this problem.

My Zumo is playing MP3 from SD card and is connected to BTM03 bluetooth from Autocom plus wired to Autocom Pro-7Sport.

(I'm reforming autocom this year!..serve well since 2003... many km and two bikes later)

Make absolutely sure that the SD is locked in place inside the Zumo. I had the choppy playback issue and found that the reason was when I put the card in I did not slide the metal cover to lock it and the card was bouncing around inside the Zumo and causing the choppy playback. Since I locked the card I have never had the problem even on badly rutted and washboarded dirt roads.
Rafal Odo
Poland

Post by Rafal Odo »

Yes, I still have this problem too. It is less annoying when you turn off notifications from Garmin. A quick repair is to turn off and then turn on the bluetooth in the Zumo XT. I have yet to check with the 6.50 update.
red.grey
Portugal

Post by red.grey »

Yes. The problem is the notifications, I have POI radars and 1 SPOT with 4 notifications in sequence and the Music start shuttering.
The SD CARD is very secure in my case.
biquer

Post by biquer »

I seem to have the opposite problem to most. I can stream Spotify and play from mp3s stored on my phone flawlessly on my Sena headset. However, playing directly from the mp3 folder on the sd card in the XT has always been poor. I will get some periods when it works but mostly it will stutter and chop. When it starts it doesn't stop so instead of waiting for it to heal itself, which strangely never works! I now turn it off straight away. I have checked the card is secure, I have swapped cards, I have formatted cards etc etc but the problem remains.
red.grey
Portugal

Post by red.grey »

New SD...same problems!

Rafal Odo
Poland

Post by Rafal Odo »

Still the same. I turned off the voice notifications from Zumo, it's a little better.
red.grey
Portugal

Post by red.grey »

I abandoned the autocom and replaced it with CARDO 4X and had the same problem...I replaced the Cardo with a Midland RUSH RCF and the same problem continues.

The ticket that I had opened at Garmin when I had autocom was closed with the "excuse" that the problem was with the autocom... I have to open a new ticket with GARMIN.
It seems obvious that the problem is with the Zumo XT and the 2 channel audio bullshit they implemented...stereo for music and mono for indications and alarms.

If the Garmin audio output was like a cell phone (music + google maps) this problem would not exist.