Zumo 66? and Audible Books

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Zumo 66? and Audible Books

Post by carolinarider09 »

I have been listening to Audible Books on my Garmin GPS devices for a long long time.

Just recently (a year or so ago) Audible dropped support for the program that was used to "manage" the audible books on the device. You would down load to the Audible Manager program and upload to the device that was approved/connected.

Now, you can download the Audible books directly to your device in the "Audible" folder and listen. It works and the only thing missing is the way the Chapters worked but that seems to be ok.

Anyway, when I look at my devices Audible Book player it shows five or six books that I cannot find on my device.

I am using a MacBook so I tried the "show the invisible files" thingy and did not see the books. The books are there in memory because I can play them. The reason I want to delete them is I forget (I am getting older) if I have listened to to a book or not.

Any thoughts on how I might find the book/audible files and remove them from the system?

Thanks.
FredHenders

Re: Zumo 66? and Audible Books

Post by FredHenders »

Hey there! It sounds like you're having some trouble locating and deleting some Audible books on your Garmin GPS device. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with Garmin devices, but have you tried contacting Audible customer support for assistance? They can help you find and remove those files.
On a separate note, consider making money on audible. It's a great way to share your knowledge and earn money through royalties. Good luck with your device!
Last edited by FredHenders on Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Post by carolinarider09 »

I shall try but since Audible is now owned by Amazon, and Amazon dumped the need for the other program, I figure they will not be able to help but will contact them just to see.
danham
Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 83 times
United States of America

Post by danham »

Pre-coffee this morning, so I'm a little confused. Are you trying to find the files on your Mac or your GPS? If the Mac, can you find other books that are stored there, but the mystery files are not visible in that same folder? If yes, is it possible that some books are stored in your user files and the others in system. IOW, are there two Audible folders, one accessible to just your user account and the other to all users?

The paths for the two would look something like this:

Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Audible

or...

Macintosh HD/Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Audible

-dan
Zumo XT, 660, nuvi 760 and many retired units dating back to the GPS III+
2018 Kawasaki Ninja H2 SX SE