new unit

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
patrickg450
United States of America

new unit

Post by patrickg450 »

Hey there guys, lurker for a bit just joined up to ask some questions.

I have a new Zumo 595, using BaseCamp. I had been using a 60CSX with MapSource. New unit and new to BC.....
I am a track guy, I have many many tracks, been using tracks for like 8 or so years, I like to load tracks and follow the trail. It is how I roll.

On the 595 I can hardly see the track, I really cant follow it. I am guessing I HAVE TO convert the track to a trip....Correct? If not how else do I get to use all my tracks? What is easiest?

The unit also like to have pop up at the top, like RR crossing, or Speed limits......can I turn this off?

The unit also like to zoom in and out like it is helping me out, it is not.....can I turn this off?

I am currently changing the colors as the unit is like a candy-land unicorn combo if crap......I think I got this but who knows. Thanks for the help guys.

PG
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: new unit

Post by sussamb »

No, you can't turn the visual alerts off, just the audio tones that they use.

There should be a setting allowing you to turn autozoom off, although this varies by locale on some devices and I'm not sure about yours.

Can't help with your other issues, I'm sure there will be others here who can.
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

I am making way, taking a bit......

How many points can the tracks have? The 60csx was capped at 500, do we know what the 595 can take?
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

10,000 I believe although I've also seen 15,000 mentioned.
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

thanks man!!!!!

Ever notice that while in the city the background is a different color that out in the county/boonies? I find this funny but was wondering if there is a diff theme or something I could do to make them the same color.

Thanks to who ever posted the use manual, very helpful.
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

patrickg450 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm thanks man!!!!!

Ever notice that while in the city the background is a different color that out in the county/boonies? I find this funny but was wondering if there is a diff theme or something I could do to make them the same color.

Thanks to who ever posted the use manual, very helpful.
Even more helpful- in the Apps section on the 595 is HELP. Very informative menu hierarchy and explanations....
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

ok, I had a previous post that helped me about the "up ahead feature" Train Tracks, curves and what not. I found how to disable it and it was not doing the pop up. Well now after messing with my themes it is still unchecked but I get the pop ups. ANy idea why?
rbentnail
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 195 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

patrickg450 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm ok, I had a previous post that helped me about the "up ahead feature" Train Tracks, curves and what not. I found how to disable it and it was not doing the pop up. Well now after messing with my themes it is still unchecked but I get the pop ups. ANy idea why?
I sure hope you find that previous post.....
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
patrickg450
United States of America

Post by patrickg450 »

rbentnail wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:42 am
patrickg450 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:45 pm ok, I had a previous post that helped me about the "up ahead feature" Train Tracks, curves and what not. I found how to disable it and it was not doing the pop up. Well now after messing with my themes it is still unchecked but I get the pop ups. ANy idea why?
I sure hope you find that previous post.....
I have it turned off but it is still giving me the pop ups. thanks for your in sight
advnzer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 8 times
New Zealand

Post by advnzer »

are you actually navigating the tracks?Or just displaying it.