Snowdonia 360 - Anglesey Route GPX

Got an interesting riding route in the UK you want to share?
Davetj_uk
Great Britain

Snowdonia 360 - Anglesey Route GPX

Post by Davetj_uk »

GPX Route for Anglesey North Wales. This is just the Anglesey part of the Snowdonia 360 Route! GPX route taken from the Snowdonia 360 map. The route was then made on Google Maps and transferred in GPX format.

Please take note that the route starts Westbound and ends on the A55 North Wales Express Way Eastbound. Total miles = 71 and a time of 1hr 52 minutes (dependent on your speed and any stops of course). Also watch out for Speed cameras in the area. North Wales Police take no prisoners with regards to speeding vehicles! You will pass over both bridges to and from Island of Anglesey on your journey.. Starting your route going over the Pont Britannia Bridge and returning over the Menai Suspension Bridge back on to the mainland. There is a Tesco Extra with 24 Hour Fuel station not far after you come over the Menai Suspension Bridge on your return journey
Snowdonia 360 Anglesey 2 Bridges.gpx
(450.23 KiB) Downloaded 1637 times
at Caernarfon Road, Bangor LL57 4SU.

Map download here in Pdf format for you to print out, or you can purchase the map in paper format to be delivered to your address via post.. Once downloaded scroll down to page 2 on the Pdf to see the full map. https://www.snowdonia360.com/wp-content ... 2020LR.pdf

Hope you enjoy the ride..

Dave
Snowdonia 360 Anglesey 2 Bridges.gpx
(450.23 KiB) Downloaded 1637 times
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Re: Snowdionia 360 - Anglesey Route GPX

Post by jfheath »

Many thanks, Dave.

It's a nice circuit. Members of the forum will need to be aware that this is a track, rather than a route.
The only Zumo that can navigate using a track is the Zumo XT. Other Zumos can display the track on the map for you to follow 'manually'.

What model Zumo do you have ?

I see the Welsh Tourist Board are adopting the NC500 style of marketting to attract tourists. Lets hope that they have the en-route facilities sorted out first - rather than adopt the way that the Scottish model seems to have been developed - Heavy advertising and paying very little attention to toilets, cafes, accommodation, basic stuff for riders and drivers like fuel and how to deal with single track roads and passing places.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Davetj_uk
Great Britain

Re: Snowdonia 360 - Anglesey Route GPX

Post by Davetj_uk »

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply, and apologies for not mentioning that it was a track. I wasn't aware of the different between track and route, and also wasn't aware that only the Zumo XT could navigate the gpx file properly.

I have only just bought the Zumo XT, and still getting to grips with it. It's my first Garmin and very impressed so far.. I have a slight issue with the Garmin Drive App on my Android phone at the moment though, but not a major issue.. I put an address in on the Drive App and it displays the distance in KM with no apparent way to change it to Miles. No big deal as when you hit "GO" on the Drive App it loads the route onto my Zumo XT it displays the distance in miles on the XT.. Very strange :lol: I haven't tried the Anglesey track myself yet as I'm waiting for a new bike to be delivered. Triumph Tiger 900 GT Pro. Have been given a date of June 4th for delivery. Previously had a TomTom 410 Great Rides, but had issues with it - supposed to be waterproof.. Ha! First time I got caught in a very heavy downpour and the TomTom went off the rails and started talking gibberish to me, screen went on and off and all kinds of weird things happened. The Zumo XT is everything I had hoped for and more.. Not impressed with the TomTom to say the least.

Yes, the Welsh Tourist Board are trying to attract visitors after seeing how popular the NC500 has become. Hopefully the Welsh routes have facilities like toilets accommodation etc.. There are some lovely scenic routes in Wales.. I did see a video of The Snowdonia 360 on Youtube. Part 1 of 4 is here.. Well worth a watch if anyone wants some idea of the route and accommodation, Cafe's etc..

Hopefully, someone will get some use out of the gpx file.. It's my first time at planning my own route on Google Maps and then transferring the route as a gpx file. I plan on doing the trip myself as soon as the new bike arrives.. I'll be able to give more information on the track then with regards to scenery, shops, Cafe's, toilets etc.. Generally the roads are fairly good on Anglesey, but it's been a few years since my last visit to the island so things could have changed.

All the best
Dave
jfheath
Great Britain

Re: Snowdionia 360 - Anglesey Route GPX

Post by jfheath »

Hi Dave

No apologies needed. Thank you for posting.

If you are new to the XT and didn't know about Tracks v Routes - you might find this very useful.

This is a link to Chapter 1. Click the navigation links to go backto the contents page. Don't read it all at once though.
It gets pretty heavy going after Chapter 4.

app.php/ZXT-P04

And here's a series of 4 videos on setting up a phone (Android shown) to use the XT with Garmin Drive. It also shows you how to set up the link with Explore.

The XT works well with Basecamp - free from Garmin

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/software/basecamp/

Ignore the nay-sayers. It is a learning curve, but uisng it to good effect gives much better results than any other software - mainly because it uses the same ideas. All of the others miss something important out.

Wales ? I love Wales. I spent a year in North Wales doing my PostGrad studies - I had a motorbike and sidecar at the time. We keep going back there - not quite as often as to Scotland, but we have a week touring in Wales planned for the end of June.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Great Britain

Re: Snowdonia 360 - Anglesey Route GPX

Post by jfheath »

Correction.

I was wrong. The 595 and XT has the ability to convert a 'track to a trip' which then navigates with spoken instructions. Maybe one of the 39x series also has this.