BC wants a detour when its not necessary!

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Fourbears
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

BC wants a detour when its not necessary!

Post by Fourbears »

Does anyone know why BC is taking the detour in the image below instead of the route in MRA, also below? I have put a via point in on BC but it still wants to take a detour!
BC 1.JPG
BC 1.JPG (84.32 KiB) Viewed 748 times
MRA 1.JPG
MRA 1.JPG (82.58 KiB) Viewed 748 times
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Re: BC wants a detour when its not necessary!

Post by sussamb »

Looks like a map error. I'll check it out and get back to you.

Edit: doesn't do it if driving, walking, RV etc activity selected but does if motorcycling or cycling is selected. I need to look at the HERE map as they provide the map data to Garmin
groundhog719
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Post by groundhog719 »

I've had BC do that quite a few times. If I zoom in and start dropping via points I can find a place where it will not allow the route to continue. Usually, I can then zoom in all of the way and place a new via point right next to the last point BC will plot (in the proper direction) and force it to jump the invisible "gap" in the road.
sussamb
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 353 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

I've now had a good look at the HERE map. Everything is configured correctly but BaseCamp won't, using any of the cycling profiles, route around the roundabout on the A414. Worth reporting it as a map error to Garmin.