12 days on the road with MyRoute-App and Zumo XT

Got a question about any other routing software that you use for creating routes and transferring to your Zumo? Then post in here and we will try our best to help
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Re: 12 days on the road with MyRoute-App and Zumo XT

Post by colirv »

jfheath wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:09 am In MRA
I don't believe that a POI can be included as a point in a route. Or if it can, I would like to know how.
I'm still very much a learner on MRA, but in planning a route you can select existing POIs, rather than Waypoints, in the left column. I've just picked library, got a POI up on the map, clicked on it and I got the option to make it a waypoint. So I've just plotted a route using two existing POIs. You can also add existing POIs to existing routes by using this method. What you can't do is create a new POI while planning a route and route to it. You probably already knew that! I've not yet tried this with MRA's own POIs.
Colin
BMW R1250RS
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 608 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Thanks for that @colirv

I'd spotted the POI facility / which is certainly a saved point - which is how Garmin define them.

I tried the - 'make it a waypoint' feature. This certainly added the POI to the route in questions, but when transferred to the Zumo, it was transferred simply as a route point (Via/Shaping or Hard/Soft) however you want to call it. It did not end up in the Zumo in Favourites like Garmin's waypoinss do. Pity. It only requires a bit of extra program code to do it.

I'll give that another try though, now I've taken advantage of the lifetime Gold offer. Especially if I haven't checked to see if POIs in Basecamp can be transferred to POIs in Garmin.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

jfheath wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:43 pm I tried the - 'make it a waypoint' feature. This certainly added the POI to the route in questions, but when transferred to the Zumo, it was transferred simply as a route point (Via/Shaping or Hard/Soft) however you want to call it. It did not end up in the Zumo in Favourites like Garmin's waypoinss do. Pity. It only requires a bit of extra program code to do it.
I can live with that!
jfheath wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:43 pm I'll give that another try though, now I've taken advantage of the lifetime Gold offer. Especially if I haven't checked to see if POIs in Basecamp can be transferred to POIs in Garmin.
Your waypoints can be, which is good enough for me. Simply add your gpx file as a POI file in MRA.
Colin
BMW R1250RS