Multiple maps simultaneously on SD

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Multiple maps simultaneously on SD

Post by Milu23771 »

Good morning and happy holidays to all the forum, I wanted to ask the most experts how I should name different maps to make the XT recognize them all, because I tried to give different names (gmapsupp, gmapsupp1 etc.), but the navi recognizes them only one. Thank you
sussamb
Has liked: 307 times
Been liked: 354 times
Great Britain

Re: Multiple maps simultaneously on SD

Post by sussamb »

Your XT should accept any names so don't use gmap*** etc. Try a more descriptive name.

Where are you getting the maps from? What folder are you putting them in?
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

Thanks for your answer, I download Open street map from different sources on the web, however all files for Garmin devices, which he placed in a folder called Garmin, directly on the root of the SD card, but whatever name the .img files have, the device at startup it says map update in progress, but then in the list of my maps, apart from the pre-installed ones, I find only one of those added on the SD.
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Then there may be something wrong with those other maps. Note as Garmin uses the FAT32 system all files must be under 4Gb, are the missing ones over that limit?
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

No, the maps are all below that limit, I live near the border between Italy and France, and I wanted to install the Open Topo Maps of these two countries, with their respective contour lines. The largest file is France, but it does not reach 2 Gb
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Ok, the other possibility is that you've reached the maximum map tile limit. I don't know what that is on an XT but each map consists of numerous individual map tiles, once over a certain limit no more maps will be shown.

Here's an old thread discussing the issue

https://advrider.com/f/threads/how-to-c ... es.931640/
Milu23771
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

If it can be useful to someone who has the same problem as mine, I solved it by formatting the card again, but unchecking the quick format item. Thanks to Sussamb for the support