Zumo 396 Audio

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 396 Audio

Post by tojjer »

If it's the same as my Cardo Packtalk, you can adjust them as you use them. You just need to adjust the volume on the headset as each one is actually speaking / playing. Does that make sense??
ie: as the nav is giving a direction, turn the headset up/down on the headset itself
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

CollingsBob wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:46 pm
Dusty ST wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 pm You can set volumes for GPS and phone independently.
Select volume then the spanner, you should see a volume slider for each output.
Is this done on the Cardo app?
No, from the Zumo home screen, the sound level, top left IIRC (I'm at work currently ;) )
I'll check when I get home
Dusty ST
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by Dusty ST »

Dusty ST wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 pm You can set volumes for GPS and phone independently.
Made it home to check the Zumo 396... so apologies, a correction....
From the home screen, it's the volume button you need, third from the left, on the bottom row, which gives 'master volume' screen then hit the spanner which is top left, then go to 'audio mixer', which gives you individual sliders for navigation, media and proximity alerts.
CollingsBob
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 21 times
Canada

Post by CollingsBob »

Dusty ST wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:30 pm
Made it home to check the Zumo 396... so apologies, a correction....
From the home screen, it's the volume button you need, third from the left, on the bottom row, which gives 'master volume' screen then hit the spanner which is top left, then go to 'audio mixer', which gives you individual sliders for navigation, media and proximity alerts.
Many Thanks...that sorted it out
Certified JB Welder
Gomer
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by Gomer »

Not to hijack the thread but I am having a problem with playing music with my Zumo 396 thru my bluetooth soundpeats Q12 earbuds.
I just recently purchased the 396, updated firmware and maps just yesterday.
My music is on an micro SD card. When I play the music I get a static crackling in both earbuds.
I tried pairing earbuds to my laptop and inserting the SD card and play from it and perfect sound so its not the headset or micro SD card.
I am doing this on battery power(fully charged)and not powered thru the cradle.
The other interesting thing is the Zumo shuts down after about 3 minutes of listening whether I have a destination set or not.
Next step is Garmin Support.
Any help would be appreciated.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Make sure the earbuds are paired to the Zumo
Make sure the Zumo recognises the earbuds and shows the headphone symbol alongside it in the list of Bluetooth pairings.

If that doesn't work try this - which covers the entire process for the 590. Download the pdf in Post#1

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=520

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Gomer
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by Gomer »

Went thru the document and tried deleting all bluetooth devices and repaired. Tried just the earbuds and played music. Same result I am getting static. My mp3 files on my sd card just under the group name and they play, no MP3 folder. Garmins help says you don't need this folder only helps to keep them organized. MP3s play thru the rear speaker fine also. Maybe cheap earbuds, although they sound great paired to my laptop.
jfheath
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 587 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Sorry that didn't work. I'm all out of ideas - but I don't have a 396 to try things out. The 'no need for an Mp3 folder' must be a new thing - on my 590 it has to be there and it has to be in capital letters. After that you can have whatever folders you like and it finds all of the music.

Did you check the volume mixer ? There are separate volumes for navigation, phone, media and prompts on the 590. The mixer is available from the main screen. There is one volume control on another screen that just controls the master.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.