For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: Staying with a pre-planned route

Post by tojjer »

bazilica wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:44 pm
tojjer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 am Agreed, I have promised myself I will try and be a little more patient with BC and attempt more routes using it. I do like MRA as it is very clear and simple to use though.

Great trip to France, made a lot less stress free knowing that when the zumo rerouted, it was rerouting to my planned route.
I was advised to save or transfer using GPX 1.0 instead of 1.1, even though it's a new zumo. Do you use 1.1?
Hi tojjer....When you exported your gpx 1.0 file from MRA to BC,could you only see the "straight lines" between waypoints or was it the actual planned route?It seems to be ok in "track" view....this is such a faff...lol.

Hi buddy,
If you don't have your Garmin plugged in and recognised by the pc, then when you first import it into BC it WILL show as straight lines.

Connect your Garmin device to the pc, open BC and go to the "maps" tab and select your Garmins map when it shows up ( unless you have the same map installed on your pc already)
Double click the route you want ( not the track), change the waypoints to shaping points by right clicking and selecting "do not alert on arrival"
Then click recalculate. It will then change to the exact route you planned.............HOPEFULLY!