396 bugs

For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
Fitz
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Ireland

396 bugs

Post by Fitz »

I've been using my 396 for a while now and whilst it has stopped doing the "incident detected" thing, it does seem to have a couple of issues:

Sounds drops out - Bluetooth. I have my 396 paired with an iPhone 6 and Schuberth SRC comms (made by Cardo, who make the Scala brand) in my lid. When there are lots of audio things going on (e.g. route instructions + speed camera warnings + playing audio from the phone) the 396 often ties itself in knots and drops the audio completely. I have to turn off & on again both the 396 and the helmet comms to get them all talking to each other again.

Screen unresponsive. I frequently find that the screen menus / buttons become unresponsive for no reason that I can fathom. It can result in me taking my eyes off the road for much longer than I would like as I tap away repeatedly to get it to respond.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: 396 bugs

Post by tojjer »

I have the 346 ( basically the same machine as 396) and I have to say I've been pretty lucky so far. I've had the incident thing play up, which has now thankfully been sorted.
Another thing that happened once, was it froze. I held the on/off button for a while and it restarted without any problem.
With regards the commands coming through to my BT headset, I do get more than one command/advice at a time sometimes, and I miss the very first part of an instruction sometimes but I put that down to my headset needing to "wake up"
tojjer
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by tojjer »

Oh, and it's been out in torrential rain/hail and worked perfectly. I read somewhere that the TomTom Rider mistook heavy rain or hail as a fingertouch on the screen.
Fitz
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Ireland

Post by Fitz »

The audio is a bug, I can live with it although it's annoying. The unresponsive screen is really annoying, could be dangerous. I think I'll contact Garmin, although it's an intermittent problem so not sure that they'll be able to do anything about it.