Garmin Zumo XT issues with Cardo PackTalk Bold

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
motocheck
Has liked: 1 time
Canada

Garmin Zumo XT issues with Cardo PackTalk Bold

Post by motocheck »

Recently I purchased Garmin Zumo XT and I paired it with my iPhone as well as Cardo as a GPS. Here is my setup:
iPhone connect with PTB (Cardo Packtalk Bold) as phone 1
Garmin Zumo XT connect with PTB as GPS
Garmin Zumo XT connect with iPhone as Bluetooth

Issue #1: As soon as Garmin connects with PTB my phone lost Bluetooth connection with PTB, is this normal? I am still able to receive phone calls - no issues, but I can't open the Cardo app on my phone to do setting adjustments. I checked with my friend who also has a PTB, Garmin Zumo 595 and Samsung Android phone and he is experiencing the same.

Issue #2: As I mostly ride with group we connect with each other via DMC - Mesh. I have had issues since I paired Garmin Zumo XT that when I answered the phone call I was still able to communicate with my buddies via DMC and also able to hear other parties on the other side of the phone, whereas previously DMC disconnected me and I privately talked over the phone. DMC members nor does phone caller hear each other, unless I shared the call with DMC members.

Anyone else experiencing similar issue?

I just opened a ticket with Cardo support and will wait for their feedback.

All the devices are on latest released firmware.
mrmagloo
Been liked: 6 times
United States of America

Re: Garmin Zumo XT issues with Cardo PackTalk Bold

Post by mrmagloo »

Hi Moto, I just rec'd my XT and I have my Cardo Bold on it's way. I too have been scouring the various forums and Youtube for tips on making things play together nice.

What I've heard so far is, the best results are realized by first pairing your Phone with the XT, and getting Drive working correctly.

Then pair your cell phone as phone #1 to the Bold via BT. Then pair the GPS to the Bold as phone #2 via BT.

And then lastly, the other riders are paired via DMC as you've mentioned.

I did see where one user found that it was important to start the XT first, before the Bold, and when the Bold starts that it says, 'Phone 2 connected'. If not, he restarts the Bold until it does. Evidently, it's real important what is paired as what Phone Number, which provides the priorities.

This might help? My Cardo won't be here until Saturday, so with any luck, you might have this confirmed before then. Please share what you can confirm. Thanks bud
motocheck
Canada

Post by motocheck »

I followed the sequence you mentioned and it actually fixed issues #1 see picture attached. I need to check call status when I will in DMC mode. Don’t have riding in my weekend plan. Hope this will work as well. I will report once tested.

Thank [mention]mrmagloo[/mention] 8-)
Attachments
B2D8076E-7A58-4692-9281-ED73683B89DF.jpeg
B2D8076E-7A58-4692-9281-ED73683B89DF.jpeg (75.42 KiB) Viewed 6575 times
mrmagloo
Been liked: 6 times
United States of America

Post by mrmagloo »

Awesome news bud.
motocheck
Canada

Post by motocheck »

I would like to update on issues I was facing. The workaround posted by [mention]mrmagloo[/mention] fixed the issue.
Thanks [mention]mrmagloo[/mention]